cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

basic setup teststeps

Contributor

basic setup teststeps

i have created a few steps that does stuff like verify preconditions and setup data, adn generate data needed in later steps.
i call this group of test steps in 90% of my testcases.
right now i have just copied the steps to the testcases whiich need it.
but this will be a nightmare to maintain, i will have to make changes in all the copies if needed.

Is there a smart way to go about this ? du you have recomendations ?

/Michael
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: basic setup teststeps

Hello!

There is a "Run TestCase" step that you can use for this. You should move all the common teststeps into a separate testcase, then use the "Run TestCase" teststep to run them. For documentation on doing this, go here. Good luck!

Regards,
Dain
eviware.com

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful
Highlighted
Contributor

yes that works fine for me.
now a have an extra question.

i have moved my common stuff to a testcase, can i then in a script in that testcase get the name of the calling testcase ?

/Michael
Highlighted

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately you can't for now. However you could pass this as a parameter to the target testcase, ie:

1) define a "callingtestcasename" property in the target testcase
2) add this as a parameter in the runtestcase teststep and set the value to "${=testCase.name}".

I hope this helps you.

Regards

/Dragica
eviware.com

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors