cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WADL QUERY

SOLVED
Contributor

WADL QUERY

1)when we create a new project how to get WADL file name or URL   or    REST URL ?

in my project I found this but I am not understand from where we got this URL,is it related to license or something else ?

2)what is the difference between WSDL and WADL ?can we use WSDL in rest payload?

attached doc for reference.I just import this project and worked.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Hero

Re: WADL QUERY

Hi @amarnath1234

A .wadl file can be considered the REST equivalent of a SOAP services .wsdl file.

The .wsdl (stands for webservices definition language) defines the listening webservice, such as method (e.g.POST,GET, etc.) along with the soap container and the SOAP services URL. A soap service doesn't use uri/template, query or header parms whereas a REST api does.

The URLS in a SOAP or REST api are determined by the developers who are defining the service/api from the requirements....its nothing to do with licensing.

I suggest reading up on REST, SOAP, .wsdl, .wadl and then come back with more questions. Restfulapi.net is a decent place to start. There's a lot of theory that you need to understand to be able to use readyapi!/soapui effectively.

Ta,

Richie

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the title of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems.
Community Hero

Hey @amarnath1234 

check out the course available via https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Pro/Education-ReadyAPI-Basics-a-New-Learning-course/m-p/18...

It'll provide a nice basis of knowledge for you going forwards

cheers,

richie

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the title of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Hero

Hi @amarnath1234

A .wadl file can be considered the REST equivalent of a SOAP services .wsdl file.

The .wsdl (stands for webservices definition language) defines the listening webservice, such as method (e.g.POST,GET, etc.) along with the soap container and the SOAP services URL. A soap service doesn't use uri/template, query or header parms whereas a REST api does.

The URLS in a SOAP or REST api are determined by the developers who are defining the service/api from the requirements....its nothing to do with licensing.

I suggest reading up on REST, SOAP, .wsdl, .wadl and then come back with more questions. Restfulapi.net is a decent place to start. There's a lot of theory that you need to understand to be able to use readyapi!/soapui effectively.

Ta,

Richie

Community Hero

Hey @amarnath1234 

check out the course available via https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Pro/Education-ReadyAPI-Basics-a-New-Learning-course/m-p/18...

It'll provide a nice basis of knowledge for you going forwards

cheers,

richie

Community Manager

Thanks for your help, Richie!

@amarnath1234, did the suggestions clarify the situation?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
API Testing Mistake #2
APITestingMistake#2