Forum Discussion

johandelaat
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

SoapUi Search (CTRL-F) in SoapUI PRO version ReadyAPI 2.2.0 seems to loop forever

The very usefull plugin Soapui Search (CTRL-F) which permits to search in Projects and TestSuites / TestCase for a string doesn't work anymore after I installed version 2.2.0 of ReadyAPI.

The pop-up appears, the search string can be filled in but the search itself seems to loop forever.

7 Replies

Nastya_Khovrina
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Johan,

Thank you for your post!

The SoapUI Search plugin isn't a bundled plugin, it was developed by an individual contributor, Anur KS (http://arun-aks.blogspot.ru/), who is supposed to maintain the plugin if any issues occur in it. So, you can reach out to him.

In the meantime, you can stay on ReadyAPI 2.1.0 (where the plugin seems to work well):

ReadyAPI-x32-2.1.0.exe
    ReadyAPI-x32-2.1.0.sh
    ReadyAPI-x64-2.1.0.exe
    ReadyAPI-x64-2.1.0.sh
    ReadyAPI-2.1.0-linux-bin.tar.gz
    ReadyAPI-2.1.0-mac-bin.zip
    ReadyAPI-2.1.0-windows-bin.zip

Note that you can have several versions of ReadyAPI installed at the same time.

dm
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks Anastasia. Do you have contact details for Arun KS on file? It'd be great if someone at SmartBear could please reach out to Arun and ask them to either fix this plugin or point us in the direction of a GitHub repo where we could patch up the code?

Cheers,

Daniel

• Might be an idea to implement a search funtion in Ready itself. It's a feature I need a lot of times.

Nastya_Khovrina

Hi Eric,

As far as I know, our developers are working on it now.

johandelaat
    Occasional Contributor

Excelent news. I use it very on a very regular base.

I've noticed that in the 2.3.0 version it works but only when I select the "Search item names ONLY"

It would be nice if I also could search in eg Groovy scripts.

Nastya_Khovrina

Hi Johan,

For Groovy scripts, we have the built-in Find/Replace functionality (Ctrl+F).