I am receiving this error when trying to generate a report on a test case: "Failed to generate a report. Make sure the property "Custom report library" is set to the folder where the report templates are stored (by default, /bin/reports)."
I was receiving this error before changing any settings. After seeing it the first time, I set a path for reports within the Preferences/ReadyAPI/Custom Report Library settings and I am still receiving the same error. Any suggestions on how to set this property if the Custom Report Library settings was not the correct place?
Please try ..\bin\reports or ..\bin\reports\reports (this one works for me) and make sure restart Ready API when you changed value at "Custom report library", every time.
Thanks for the reply. I tried to change it to bin/reports and bin/reports/reports and no success after closing and restarting for both. I did notice I don't have any files in the "templates" folder but I do in the other folders. Do I need to download the templates for Test Steps level reports? On the report I configured, I can see the Jasper xml and it looks complete and in the correct format.
I'm having the same issue. I've tried both paths specified and restarted several times.
The folders are there, but they're also empty. This seems like a silly OOB issue.
Failed to generate a report. Make sure the property "Custom report library" is set to the folder where the report templates are stored (by default, /bin/reports).
Same here 😞
I'm still struggling through this too. Since so many others seem to have this issue, I am going to open a ticket on this. I will make sure to update this thread if I find a solution.
If you are using linux, try checking below folder has data or not
If not then download fonts and put in that folder.
Restart the Ready API.
Hope it can help you ^^!
I have this problem and I'm on Windows 7 Enterprise. I just opened a ticket Yesterday.
It's really blocking me at my job...
I am running ReadyAPI 2.2.0 on Fedora. I had the same problem of creating a report. When I tried to create a project report in pdf form from testRunner the error message complained of missing an Arial font. On further hunting, I found I had to do a special rpm install of msttcorefonts.
I use Fedora 18 so I found a link that worked for me:
After following the instructions from the above, the *.ttf files were put in a folder msttcorefonts under /usr/share/fonts. From there I had to copy all these fonts (including several arial forms of them) into the ReadyAPI-2.2.0/jre/lib/fonts folder.
Following that I was finally able to get around the error mentioned by the OP.