Forum Discussion

vondie
Contributor
7 years ago

SoapUI Error Displaying When Creating Report: Failed to generate a report. Make sure the property..

Hi all, 

I am receiving this error when trying to generate a report on a test case: "Failed to generate a report. Make sure the property "Custom report library" is set to the folder where the report templates are stored (by default, /bin/reports)."

I was receiving this error before changing any settings. After seeing it the first time, I set a path for reports within the Preferences/ReadyAPI/Custom Report Library settings and I am still receiving the same error. Any suggestions on how to set this property if the Custom Report Library settings was not the correct place?

11 Replies

Fullthepoil
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have this problem and I'm on Windows 7 Enterprise. I just opened a ticket Yesterday.

It's really blocking me at my job...

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Fullthepoil, would you mind providing details of the issue? By the way, create new question instead of posting here.
  • Hi Vondie:

Please try ..\bin\reports or ..\bin\reports\reports (this one works for me) and make sure restart Ready API when you changed value at "Custom report library", every time.

Good luck,

UniversalDave
      Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue. I've tried both paths specified and restarted several times.

The folders are there, but they're also empty. This seems like a silly OOB issue. 

Failed to generate a report. Make sure the property "Custom report library" is set to the folder where the report templates are stored (by default, /bin/reports).

vondie
      Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I tried to change it to bin/reports and bin/reports/reports and no success after closing and restarting for both. I did notice I don't have any files in the "templates" folder but I do in the other folders. Do I need to download the templates for Test Steps level reports? On the report I configured, I can see the Jasper xml and it looks complete and in the correct format. 

• I'm still struggling through this too. Since so many others seem to have this issue, I am going to open a ticket on this. I will make sure to update this thread if I find a solution.