cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Load Test - with datasource - is this correct ?

Dear Community, API Masterminds week 4 has started!

Participate in the exciting online event by posting questions or replies and win! During the entire March, we decide top contributors each week and reward them with great gifts . Congratulate the winners of Week 3 here.
Week 4 task: Ask more questions, bring interesting topics and reply to existing ones in the ReadyAPI Community
Topics to participate in:
See All
Week 4 Leaders:
Members with the biggest number of posts
sonya_m 16 posts
nmrao 14 posts
HimanshuTayal 12 posts
pizzaTime 1 posts
richie 1 posts
Highlighted
New Contributor

[Resolved] Load Test - with datasource - is this correct ?

I'm new to Pro (though have used normal for years). I'm trying to set up a load test of our servers using data driven testing. So I define a datasource initially, then run through the most commonly called services (effectively emulating a user), and then Loop at the bottom back to startup (not up to datasource)

Is this the correct way of doing this for a load test ? When I do get failures - it'll eventually say "Load Test ended" - but I can see requests coming in to the server for several minutes after this and have additional errors in the SoapUI log after this has finished.

Unrelated - I'm also getting an "org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException - Connection refused." occasionally from the tests (randomly - there's nothing wrong with the request and re-running it is fine). There's nothing in the server logs so I think my question is - is this message is coming from SoapUI (I realise the resolution is external - probably I need to up number of free threads that apache has to work with in this case or there's some issue with my internet connection).
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Load Test - with datasource - is this correct ?

Hi,

It looks OK from what I can see and the information provided. Please check if the datasource is set to "Shared" in the DataSource options dialog. You should try running the load test with 1 thread first and if everything is OK then use multiple threads. Also, please read this link below on DataSources and load tests.

http://www.soapui.org/Data-Driven-Testi ... tests.html

Regards,
Marcus
SmartBear Support

Join the 2020 API Masterminds event in the ReadyAPI Community to demonstrate your excellent expertise, help people and win prizes! Start participating today!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Load Test - with datasource - is this correct ?

Hi Marcus,

Yes that's working fine now - thanks for your help - I did need to mark the datasource as shared.

I discovered that I needed to set the -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true in vmoptions file - this fixed the apache connections issue (I was testing over a uPnP VPN so maybe that's related.

Cheers

- Jon
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Join 2020 API Masterminds
We invite all lovers of API testing to participate in the API Masterminds event. Ask questions or help others by giving solutions and get rewarded.
>> Participate Today
Get Your Free Ticket
SBC2020
Top Kudoed Authors