Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReadyAPI 3.1 - TestRunner - An illegal reflective access operation has occurred

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

ReadyAPI 3.1 - TestRunner - An illegal reflective access operation has occurred

Hello everyone,

I launch my ReadyAPI Tests with a gitlab runner.

Since I updated my using image on ReadyAPI 3.1, I recieve the following errors : 

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.google.inject.internal.cglib.core.$ReflectUtils$2 (file:/usr/local/SmartBear/ready-api-license-manager-1.3.0.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte[],int,int,java.security.ProtectionDomain)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.google.inject.internal.cglib.core.$ReflectUtils$2
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

I dont recieve theses errors with the ReadyAPI 3.0 image.

Any ideas ?

Thank you in advances for your responses.

Anthony
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: ReadyAPI 3.1 - TestRunner - An illegal reflective access operation has occurred

Hi @APERRY 

When you moved from v3.0 to v3.1, did you upgrade your Java RE/DK at all?

I found this on stackoverflow that appears to indicate this warning is related to upgrades above Java 8

nice one,

rich

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: ReadyAPI 3.1 - TestRunner - An illegal reflective access operation has occurred

Hi @richie 

Thank you for your answer. 

My gitlab runner do not contain any java version, I use the openjdk 12 which is installed on the ReadyAPI 3.1 image

Maybe iy's openjdk the source of the problem ?

Highlighted
Community Hero

Hey @APERRY 

perhaps?  from my remedial understanding, I think that some java component type shouldnt be accessing some other component and if it does (considering the Oracle JRE v9 upgrade) you get the warning where you wouldn't on earlier versions.....i think! 🙂

did you upgrade the openjdk when you upgraded ReadyAPI!?

nice one,

rich

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@richie 

I do not upgrade the openjdk, I just use the openjdk which preinstalled on the latest image of the testrunner (delivered by smartbear).

Highlighted
Community Hero

Hi @APERRY 

sorry - just so I'm clear - you keep mentioning 'image' - are you saying you have something like a ghost image/acronis true image and you reapplied an image to your harddisk and the image included ReadyAPI! v3.1?

also - I always wait a while before upgrading my ReadyAPI! instance so I'm not running v3.1 - are you talking about the version of Java installed WITH ReadyAPI!??

Are you saying the Java installed with ReadyAPI! is openJDK? - reason I ask is that the following link indicates ReadyAPI! doesn't work with openJDK.

have you tried installing Oracle's version of Java? (the JDK not the JRE - there are files you need (for something that I cant remember) that are not available in the JRE)

I'd install Java 8 (JDK), ensure your environment variables point to the installed Java, bounce your machine, restart ReadyAPI! and then try running something via testRunner

cheers,

rich

Community Hero

Is it impacting your usage in any way? That is a "warning" only, correct?

Regards,
Rao.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi @richie 

Yes, I speack about "image" because I use the testrunner dockerhub image. I don't speak about a ghost or somthing else.

I just use the dockerhub image to launch my test on gitlab. That's why no java version is installed. 

The last version of this image use openjdk and not java (as I mention'd on my previous message).

Hi @nmrao 

Indeed, it has no impact but I did not have these messages on version 3.0. I imagine it is related to the transition from JAVA to OpenJDK.
I will indicate this to the Smartbear support.

Highlighted
Community Hero

You may ignore the warning then.

Regards,
Rao.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks for the help, nmrao, richie.

@APERRY, please let us know if you have more news from the Support Team. Is there any reply posted here that we could mark as a solution (at least temporarily, while we are waiting for the news from the Support Team)?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Script Wanted
Check out this week's challenge!

Create a script to generate an email when an assertion fails for the TechCorner tag!

Scripts created in July:
- A script to change the request body before sending it to the server