cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OAuth 2.0

CV
Occasional Contributor

OAuth 2.0

I am trying to test OAuth using SOAP UI. The grant type-Client Credetials and resource owner password options work fine but when i try to change it to Authorization code or implict, I get Page could not be loaded issue. I think i do not have correct redirect URI that is having issue getting the access token from the authorization server. what URI should I use?

9 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: OAuth 2.0

For grant_type = Implicit and Authorization code, please try to use this

accessToken url - https://developers.google.com/oauthplayground/

client_id - 8819981768.apps.googleusercontent.com&

client_secret - {client_secret}&

This is google oauth playground

Hope, it works for you. If you like the answer don't forget to accept as solution.

CV
Occasional Contributor

i am getting error using this URL. Invalid OAuth 2 parameters: https://developers.google.com/oauthplayground is not a valid Redirect URI.

Do you want me to use 8819981768.apps.googleusercontent.com& as client id?? Client id and secret are  automatically generated.

Frequent Contributor

I used the same authtoken url with client id and cliet secret in Postman. And it worked for me. 

Hi everyone,

@avidCoder, thank you for your suggestion.

@CV, did this work for you as well? Or, do you have any additional information here?

If your question was answered, could you please mark the topic as Solved so that other users could easily find the needed post when searching for an answer to a similar question?

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Olga Terentieva,
SmartBear Assistant Community Manager
CV
Occasional Contributor

i am using CA OAuth Manager for Oauth 2.0. My question is just to know what Redirect URI needs to be used in SOAPUI while using OAuth 2.0?

Hi CV, 

If it works for you with the "Client Credentials Grant" and "Resource Owner Password Credentials" profiles, why are you trying to use another profile? 

Do you know which profile you need to use?

Anastasia
Customer Care Team

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
Join us for SmartBear Community Wintertainment!

CV
Occasional Contributor

I am testing all the 4 options to document on how do they work. We will need different options for differnet use cases.

CV,

As far as I know, it's not a common practice to use different grant types for the same service. The grant type depends on how your access token retrieval process works.

Anyway, you should know what Redirect URL to specify. Redirect URL is the URL you will be redirected to after successful authorization.

Authorization Code Grant: https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/projects/requests/auth/types/oauth2/grants/auth-code.htm...

Anastasia
Customer Care Team

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓

Highlighted

CV, 

Also, I have one more possible suggestion for you: check the "Use Authorization Header" option in the Authorization Code Grant type. Please see the attached screenshot.

Anastasia
Customer Care Team

Share Your Stories
Read Latest News
Top Kudoed Authors