cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to do mocking soap service call without having wsdl using request and response

Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to do mocking soap service call without having wsdl using request and response

Hi Team

I want to mock one soapui web service call but I don't have wsdl file. I have request, response xml's and xsd's.

Could you please let me know that whether is it possible or not.

If possible please tell me steps to do

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Is it possible to do mocking soap service call without having wsdl using request and response

If you're using Ready! API, the ServiceV tool will allow you to virtualize an API either by discovery or by creating the request and response in an empty project.

For more information, see http://readyapi.smartbear.com/servicev/getting_started/create_virt

Amber
Occasional Contributor

Re: Is it possible to do mocking soap service call without having wsdl using request and response

But we mocked rest web service call using soapui pro without wadl also

Community Hero

Are you at a point where you can't get the wsdl for the same? May be you want to check with service provider or your team if that is internally developed service.

I am afraid you can do this without wsdl in ReadyAPI.

Regards,
Rao.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for giving reply.

Please clarify below query

I have webservice call to get xml data, this is not REST and SOAP call. This is just xml request and response, to mock it how should I proceed

Please let me know if you need more info

Please help me on it

Community Hero

What new information have you added apart from the initial question? You haven't mentioned anything to the earlier reply. Would mind re-look at it and reply accordingly?

Regards,
Rao.
Occasional Contributor

I got info from first reply that it is not possible to mock service without wsdl

What I asked in last question is I have service with normal xml request and xml response(not wsdl or not wadl means not rest implemented and not soap implemented). To mock this how can I proceed in soapui

Please help me on it

Community Hero

Sorry. you can't use without wsdl, in my view.

Regards,
Rao.
Occasional Contributor

Ok

Please let me know if corresponsing web service is not implemented with SOAP and REST then how should we mock

Community Hero

wsdl / wadl / swagger definition are similar to interface in java language.

That basically allows client application what kind of request is allowed by service.
Without out it, how would client create a valid request to call the service? Service may not respond for a random request, right?

May be you would want to tell what kind of service that you are trying to call (if not soap or rest and still want to use soapui) or more details on the use case would help.

Regards,
Rao.
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the New Interview
7Mistakes
Join the exciting event
SeptemberHubBub
Top Kudoed Authors
Join the September Hub-bub to show off, learn and win