Forum Discussion

TBH
New Contributor
9 years ago

Is anyone else having problems moving TestCases within a TestSuite?

Hi All,

Is anyone else having problems moving TestCases within a TestSuite? I need to change the order that my TestCases are executed in but it is not working for me.

This worked for me in the past but not now with Ready! API 1.3.1.

Thanks,

TBH

4 Replies

TBH
    New Contributor

I was told that my problem of moving TestCases within a TestSuite is a known issue that is beeing worked on.

TBH

NigelOldfield
    Occasional Contributor

TestCases moves within a TestSuite using Ctrl+arrow key seem to be working for me, but trying to move a TestSuite within a Project causes serious damage to my Ready!API 1.3.1 necessitating exit (no changes saved) and restart.

Any workarounds welcome!

TanyaYatskovska
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi NigelOldfield,

I could move a TestSuite within a project without any issues. Perhaps, the issue you observe is project-specific. Could you please submit a support case to our Support team (http://support.smartbear.com/product-list/ ) and describe this crash?

NigelOldfield
        Occasional Contributor

Hi Tanya Gorbunova,

Thank you for checking and apologies for not researching the issue more before posting my comment. I have now checked further by repeatedly binary chopping the content of my Ready!API 1.3.1 Project file. It looks like the significant factor between success and failure of a Test Suite move is the existance or otherwise of a SecurityTest created via the Secure option.

Thanks