system : windows server 2012
application : Ready! API 1.4.1-m-SNAPSHOT
what is the proper way to update wsdl files in soapui pro?
i have a main project with multiple testsuites linked to multiple wsdl
So everything is working untill the wsdl files are updated by dev team.
So in Ready API there 6 tabs !
Start, Projects, SoapuiNG, LoaduiNG, Secure, ServiceV
Step to create a project:
1-go to Projetcs and create a new project (project1)
2-add wsdl file by right-clicking the project
then there are too much options to check like
-create Requests  create sample request for all operation
-create testuite  creates a testuiste for the imported wsdl
-create Paths  stores all file paths in project relatively to project file (requires save)
check everything (not sure about the third point but i checked)
3-generate testsuite (testuiste1)
Then you have another big window with the following information to be selected and checked
Testsuite [<create>] here it's the default value for the first time i think.
Style:  One TestCase for each Operation
 Single TestCase with one request for each operation (not clear here)
Request Content:  Use exisiting Requests in interface for each operation
 Create new empty requests
Operation  here you can see the list of request from wsdl file
Generate LoaduiTest (for now i did not check)
Now in Projects Tab, you can see the new project1 and something with double green arrows named Application
During Generate testuiste i named the testsuite like "app_v1" but i see Application, i do not know why.
Now go to SoapuiNG tab.
Here you can see the new projetc1 and a testuite named "app_v1"
So why here the testsuite is namde app_v1 and in Projects Tab it's named Application ? i never had answer for this.
So i go back to Project tab and renamed the testsuite "Application" to "app_v1"
Now everything is working when we create some automated test forlogin etc etc etc...
NOW the dev team update the wsdl file.
What to do now? Update the wsdl file
So go to Projetc tab and right-click the Testsuite "app_v1" then you have too many options, what to choose ?
i chose Update Definition and a ne window is open with again too many options to check like :
Create default request for new methods
Recreate existing requests for new schemas
Recreate optional content when updating request
Keeps exisiting values when recreating requests
Keeps any SOA Headers when recreating requets
Create backup copies of changed requests
Update all requests for operations in this Interface also
Opens a list of all requests that have updated
What to do here with so many options, i chose the first point and the 7th point.
Is it correct or not ? ---
After update teh definition, the testuiste name is changed to "Application"
So rename for the seond time to "app_v1"
1- is it the correct way to update wsdl file?
i'm not sure because if i go to SoapuiNG tab, i can see the project navigator, API navigator and Custom Properties
The API navigator show the project name and nothing else, no testsuite here.
Why we have API navigator here? is it necessary to see it here, we already see it in Project Tab.
So after the updation operation, i noticed in SoapuiNG that nothing was updated
2- What option shoud i choose for update?
3- If i choose Generate testuite by choosing the "app_v1" testsuite with different option,
in all case it's just adding new requests or a new testsuite.
It's not clear here.
Is this a way to update wsdl file?
After these operation, of course nothing is updated, i just fou
Please refer to the following article – it describes each option of the Update Definition dialog:
thank you for your reply.
i read the doc before and i was not able to update my wsdl file.
It did not display any error message, in SoapuiNG tab, i saw the method in API windows but not in Project window.
I close soapui and restared several times.
That's why i explained how i tried to update, it's still not working for me.
i tried to update from groovy, i got the same result.
I will update manually one by one method and i have more than 600 now.
And i'm using the pro version.
I guess I have the same problem with the Open Source version: I see new methods in my new WSDL and SoapUi is not able to create new requests for them at all. Have already tried setting all possible options - although I am sure only the first one would be enough - and I've also tried updating it using the groovy script I have, but nothing seems to work. I am sure there's no problem with the WSDL because if I build a whole new project pointing to it I get all methods and it runs with no problem. So I guess it should be a problem with SoapUI. Nice to hear though that's not only a problem with the OpenSource version (5.2.0 and 5.2.1)...
May be you can re-try changing the preferences regarding the cache wsdl to uncheck.
By the way, here is a groovy that was written some time ago. Please take a look.
More over, refer this relevant thread as well.