true
Notif92116434243@fakeabchost.net
                  HTMLEmail
                  2008-10-21T23:43:11Z

fa94ec92-dff4-4e75-a73e-d4e2f05ea417
                  true
                  PlainTextSMS
                  2008-10-21T23:43:18Z

Every time when the response is returned, the order of the two NotificationTarget nodes changes.  For example, I have a property transfer to obtain DeliveryFormat from node 1, which is HTMLEmail to another request.  The next time when I run the same steps, node 1 can become node 2, which is PlainTextSMS and it gets transferred to subsequent request and then my test case would fail.  Is there a way to dynamically transfer the xml node based on specified string?  For example, search the xml response and find me the deliveryformat that is "HTMLEmail"?

Regards,
Li Zhang

3 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Li,

sure, you can add a check for this in your xpath, for example (without namespaces);

//NotificationTarget[DeliveryFormat='HTMLEmail']/NotificationTargetId

would select the NotificationTargetId of the NotificationTarget with the DeliveryFormat set to 'HTMLEmail', indepent of its order in the document..

Does this help?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    LZhang
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi:

Can I just do it directly at the property transfer step or do I need to write a groovy code for it?

Here is the xpath:

declare namespace ns1='http://services.tvguide.com/v6/notifications';
    //ns1:GetNotificationTargetsResponse[1]/ns1:GetNotificationTargetsResult[1]/ns1:NotificationTargets[1]/ns1:NotificationTarget[1]/ns1:NotificationTargetId[1]

I tried different combinations but didn't seem to work.  Should I have the following?

declare namespace ns1='http://services.tvguide.com/v6/notifications';
    //ns1:GetNotificationTargetsResponse[1]/ns1:GetNotificationTargetsResult[1]/ns1:NotificationTargets[1]/ns1:NotificationTarget[DeliveryFormat='HTMLEmail']/ns1:NotificationTargetId[1]

Regards,
    Li