Forum Discussion

ashkht
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Failing to create directory from tear down script at Test Suite Level

Hello,

I am trying to generate HTML Report as part of Reporting for SOAP UI Automation. I have tried below piece of code at TestSuite Level in order to get some report. Now during this course, i am facing issue with mkdir() command which is failing to create new directory.

def testSuitename=runner.testSuite.getName()
def groovyUtils = new com.eviware.soapui.support.GroovyUtils(context)
def projPath2 = groovyUtils.projectPath
def timestamp = com.eviware.soapui.SoapUI.globalProperties.getPropertyValue( "Timestamp" )
def tmstmpfolder1=new File(projPath2+"/SoapUIResults/"+testSuitename+timestamp).mkdir()
def failDetails1=new File(projPath2+"/SoapUIResults/"+testSuitename+"/"+"failDetails1.html")
def finalReport=new File(projPath2+"/SoapUIResults/"+testSuitename+timestamp+"/"+testSuitename+timestamp+".html")
def repHeader = new File (projPath2+"/SoapUIResults/"+testSuitename+"/"+testSuitename+" ReportHeader1.html")

Is it kind of caching issue, which is preventing to create new directory. Also due to which it is failing to create "ReportHeader1.html" and "testSuitename+timestamp+.html" files as highlighted in bold.

when i tried to troubleshoot, it results as "false" -- log.info (tmstmpfolder1)

Can you please assist me on this issue. Also please let me know if any kind of settings needs to be done at Preferences.

Thanks,

Ashish

ashkht
    7 years ago

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for your response!

The SoapUIResults has been created manually and hence included as a string in file creation step. 

I have troubleshooted myself and found that it was due to format of Timestamp value. I was saving Timestamp as "YYYY-mm-dd HH:mm:ss" and mkdir() command doesn't support character ":" in windows. Later i have changed format as below and was able to make directory and it worked !!

Timestamp now saved as "YYYY-mm-dd HH-mm-ss". 

Thank you again!

Thanks,

Ashish

2 Replies

• Hi Ashish,

The mkdir method fails to create a new directory if the "SoapUIResults" directory doesn't exist in your "project path" directory. Creating "SoapUIResults" manually beforehand or creating it with another mkdir call should help. Video: https://www.screencast.com/t/BgmsrENEP 

ashkht
      Contributor

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for your response!

The SoapUIResults has been created manually and hence included as a string in file creation step. 

I have troubleshooted myself and found that it was due to format of Timestamp value. I was saving Timestamp as "YYYY-mm-dd HH:mm:ss" and mkdir() command doesn't support character ":" in windows. Later i have changed format as below and was able to make directory and it worked !!

Timestamp now saved as "YYYY-mm-dd HH-mm-ss". 

Thank you again!

Thanks,

Ashish