Forum Discussion

BA_Service_Haus
Regular Contributor
12 years ago

Error while creating new project with protected WSDL

Hi,

(first of all, I checked this problem using latest soapUI Pro 4.5.1 nightly build).

when trying to create a new soapUI project by using a BasicAuth-protected WSDL we get an error.
We put in the correct username and password and confirm the dialog (click OK) but after a short moment soapUI again asks for username and password.
And this goes on in an infinite loop.

This behaviour does not exists in soapUI 4.0.1.

Best regards

9 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

Could provide the full contents of the error message?

Have you tried adding the authentication information to the Aut tab instead?

--
    Regards

Erik
    SmartBear Sweden
    BA_Service_Haus
    Regular Contributor
    Hi Erik,

there is no error message.
    SoapUI just asks me again and again for username and password (the data is definitely correct), but doesn't create the project.

Furthermore I can not use the "AUT" tab, as I'm not able to create the project because of this error (The error appears during project-creation).

If I create the project using soapUI Pro 4.0.1 and import this project to soapUI Pro 4.5.1, everything works fine.

Best regards
    Nico
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi!

As a workaround could you try to add the credentials to the URL, something like this:

http://user:pass@host.com/path/?WSDL

--
    Regards

Erik
    SmartBear Sweden
    BA_Service_Haus
    Regular Contributor
    Hi Erik,

that works great for most examples, thank you.

But in some cases this doesn't work.

e.g.: the following example

http://Domain\Username:Pass.Word@host.com/path?WSDL

As you see, i have to add a domain before the username. And also the password includes a special character (.).
    (This works in Firefox but not in IE and also not in soapUI)

I also try to encode this like:
    http://Domain%5CUsername:Pass%2EWord@host.com/path?WSDL

but this didn't help.

Do you have any idea?

Best regards
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi!

Hmm... there might be some problem with the URL encoding. Could you send us the contents of the HTTP log tab found in the bottom of the main SoapUI window?

Also, make sure to check the Pre-encoded Endpoints setting in the HTTP dialog in the soapUI preferences.

--
    Regards

Erik
    SmartBear Sweden
    BA_Service_Haus
    Regular Contributor
    Hi Erik,

the http-log always contains the following error:

The request requires user authentication. The response MUST include a WWW-Authenticate header field (section 14.46) containing a challenge applicable to the requested resource. The client MAY repeat the request with a suitable Authorization header field (section 14.8 ). If the request already included Authorization credentials, then the 401 response indicates that authorization has been refused for those credentials. If the 401 response contains the same challenge as the prior response, and the user agent has already attempted authentication at least once, then the user SHOULD be presented the entity that was given in the response, since that entity MAY include relevant diagnostic information. HTTP access authentication is explained in section 11.

(do you still need the whole log?)

But as I said before, I can access the service with the same credentials using soapUi Pro 4.0.1.
    Btw. it doesn't make a difference if the Pre-encoded Endpoints setting is checked or not.

best regards
    Nico
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hey Nico,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. Getting access to the full HTTP log would be very helpful in figuring out what's going wrong. If you can still post it I'll be glad to take a look.

Regards,
    Arian
    SmartBear Sweden
    BA_Service_Haus
    Regular Contributor
    Hi Arian,

I'm not sure if the log contains any confidential data. I will clarify this.
    May I send the log to you by E-Mail?

best regards
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

Please start a new ticket with our support team: go to soapui.org, click on the top-menu "Support" and then on the "Support" menu-item.
    You can send us any information in the ticket, we will keep it confidential. You can remove any sensitive data and send us just what helps in solving the problem.

Regards,

Renato
    SmartBear Software