Forum Discussion

Usha_Kodali
Frequent Contributor
15 years ago

Current row status

Hi Ole,

I am following data driven testing currently.
I have my test data prepared according to test cases. Test Data I have put it in Excel sheet. Now each row of excel represents Test Case.

Ex: TestCase 1 in my Test Case documents maps to 1st row of TestData.xls
When I execute test steps in SoapUI, in the log file it logs status of each step for a particular loop.

Ex: In log file it says Create Game OK, GetGame OK--> Current row =1
again it displays above message with -->Current row =2.
So for me if Create Game,GetGame passes then 1st row of TestData.xls passes hence TestCase1 in my TestCase documents represents PASS.

Is there a way I can get status saying Current row = 1 PASS.
if any step fails then Current row = 1, FAIL. I should be able to access Current Row = 1, PASS to log into my TestData.xls?

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Usha,

can you explain a bit more on how you get this Create Game OK, GetGame OK--> Current row =1.
    I believe that you want to format your reports with PASS and FAIL, but I need more information.

regards,

Nebojsa
    eviware.com
    Usha_Kodali
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi,
    I have attached my testcase file.
    In GetFactCategoryByCategoryID testcase it has Datasource,Request, GroovyScrip,Logfile script, Loop.
    In TestData folder I have Sheet for Positive and Negative. In Positive I have data which indicates to me as individual testcase.
    When I run the TestCase after each loop, Current Row =1 is displayed. I want to have PASS/FAIL for each loop. If any teststep fails in current loop, then I want to display Current Row = 1, FAIL.
    I want this to be displayed in reports, log file.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Usha,

can you please attach the entire project so we can create mcokservices from your wsdl for testing?

You can get the status of the last request in your testcase with

testRunner.results[testRunner.results.size()-2]

which would get the status of the teststep executed two steps before the current.. maybe you can use this to get/log the status?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com