Forum Discussion

jternus
New Contributor
8 months ago
Solved

Data sink with Excel not iterating through rows

When using ReadyAPI 3.47.0, the data sink step is no longer iterating rows when using Excel as the output source.  We are successfully writing the data to Excel, but the prior data is being overwritten. The following example begins the data sink with cell F2:

Is this an appropriate forum to submit potential bugs? 

• You can reach to customer support for reporting defects of the tool.

4 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

You can reach to customer support for reporting defects of the tool.

jternus
      New Contributor

Thank you, Rao. I reviewed the video and confirmed our test procedure is setup correctly. We can write data to the Excel file, however, the row the data is written does not change, so subsequent test passes overwrite the previous data. The issue was resolved by using an older version of ReadyAPI, so it may be limited to version 3.47.0. I will reach out to the support team.

• I have had the exact same issue, I even reported it with the case #00556958: Data Sink not writing after latest update.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 3.47 version but it still doesn't work.

I had to revert to the previous version (3.46.1) and the iteration on the data sink just works, something is clearly happening, but maybe it doesn't happen to most users.

Any news about this? Any workaround besides reverting to the previous version?