cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints

I have a project that works fine in open source SOAPUI 5.1.2 but produces the following error in Ready!API 1.4.1:

Error getting response; javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints

I've commented out the # jdk.certpath.disabledAlgorithms=MD2 line in the java.security file for each product, as well as for java itself:

C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.1.2\jre\lib\security

C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-1.4.1\jre\lib\security

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_60\jre\lib\security

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_60\lib\security

suggestions?  thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints

Hello,

Please do the following to resolve the issue.

Comment out jdk.certpath.disabledAlgorithms in the java.security file.  The java.security file is located in {Ready API install}\jre\lib\security directory.  Also, add -Dsoapui.sslcontext.algorithm=TLSv1 in the Ready-API-1.4.1.vmoptions file and restart Ready API.  The vmoptions file is located in {Ready API install}\bin directory on Windows and Linux.

Regards,

Marcus

SmartBear Support

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Hi Davisj,

Could you please check if you see the same issue in the Ready! API maintenance build? You can download the installation file here: https://support.smartbear.com/downloads/readyapi/nightly-builds/

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓

Hello,

Please do the following to resolve the issue.

Comment out jdk.certpath.disabledAlgorithms in the java.security file.  The java.security file is located in {Ready API install}\jre\lib\security directory.  Also, add -Dsoapui.sslcontext.algorithm=TLSv1 in the Ready-API-1.4.1.vmoptions file and restart Ready API.  The vmoptions file is located in {Ready API install}\bin directory on Windows and Linux.

Regards,

Marcus

SmartBear Support

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors