cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternatives When Testing Asynchronous Messaging?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Community Hero

Alternatives When Testing Asynchronous Messaging?

Hi,

Ok - when testing an API that utilises a nonblocking comms pattern (asynch messaging) - you don't get responses to assert against.

Before now - I've always had the developers create an additional 'test API' that hooks into API (that doesn't return a response) so I get a response back to assert against.

However - I've been looking through some old posts and the testing of Asynch message exchange patterns people use MockServices/VIRTs and I don't understand how this works.

Can anyone elaborate on this or explain how they test against APIs that use asynch comms?

Cheers!

rich

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Alternatives When Testing Asynchronous Messaging?

Hi @richie,

Can you give some examples of posts which you refer to and provide some more details about your requirement?

Also, here is the article about Testing Webhooks With ReadyAPI: 

https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/testing/webhooks.html

Join the annual community event and share your stories to win gifts
Wintertainment2019

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Alternatives When Testing Asynchronous Messaging?

Hi @richie,

Can you give some examples of posts which you refer to and provide some more details about your requirement?

Also, here is the article about Testing Webhooks With ReadyAPI: 

https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/testing/webhooks.html

Join the annual community event and share your stories to win gifts
Wintertainment2019

View solution in original post