Forum Discussion

MC
Contributor
16 years ago

soapui pro 2.5.1 plugin support

Was the intellij idea plugin updated for 2.5.1? Does it support idea 7.0.4 on OSX?
Does it have "pro" functionality. Pl. advise. Thanks.

3 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

Yes, an updated plugin is available from sourceforge, I'll upload it to the IDEA plugin community today. I don't know if it support 7.0.4 on Mac. It does not support Pro features, only open-source ones.

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    MC
    Contributor
    Thanks. Follow on questions:

1) there seem to be three variants of soapui: a) the soapui plugin 2.5 for an ide, e.g. idea,
    b) soapui opensource 2.5 and c) soapui pro 2.5. (I'm using the version number for concreteness.) Do they all use the *same* project file format (let's assume a noncomposite project file)?

2) If the file formats between the three are different, what happens if I load a pro project in (say) the plugin? Does it corrupt the file? Does the plugin barf?

3) In particular, according to http://www.soapui.org/features.html, both the oss and pro versions support TestSuites composed of TestCases composed of TestSteps. If the plugin opens a project created with pro, will it "see" the TestSuites and therefore be able to run them from within the IDE, like idea?

Please advise. Thanks.
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

1) Yes. Both soapUI Pro and the IDE plugins are "just" wrappers around the core application

2) You can load pro projects in soapUI, but pro-specific artifacts (teststeps) won't be visible. No barfing.

3) see 2, if they contain pro-specific teststeps you can try to run them but since these steps wont be available your testcase will most likely fail

There is one option: you can run soapUI Pro in "courtesy mode" by cancelling the license dialog. This will allow you to open and run pro-specific tests, but you wont be able to edit/add pro-specific items. Also, all other pro-specific functionality will be disabled (coverage, editors, etc..)

Hope this clarifies!

regards,

/Ole
    eviwre.com