Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

request editor does not open

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

request editor does not open

when double clicking on or attempting to open the request editor via the context menu, nothing happens. 

is this a bug?

i cannot edit a request resource. 

only just started happening today. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: request editor does not open

After a few restarts and attempts it now opens.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Contributor

After a few restarts and attempts it now opens.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I tried it multiple times but no luck. Is there a better solution to this issue?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Pai,

Could you please elaborate your situation on which version of SoapUI and which platform you are using? Also, you can add the SoapUI log if any error found.

Thanks,

Kondasamy

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kosa,

I tried versions 4.0.1 and 4.5.2. I have a Project where there are SOAP and ReST Services, When I have to open the Requests for SOAP Services it opens, However, while trying to open the ReST Requests it does not open (double Clicking /Enter button). Please find below the SOAP UI Logs:

@kondasamy Please let me know if you need more information.
Scheduling garbage collection every 60 seconds
Port already in use: 1198; nested exception is:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
Fri Aug 12 09:14:08 CEST 2016:ERROR:An error occured [Failed to read an adapted Java Bean property.
cause=org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlValueOutOfRangeException: string value 'No Authorization' is not a valid enumeration value for type of authType element in Credentials in namespace http://eviware.com/soapui/config
bean=com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.RestTestRequest@131f5d0
bean type=com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.RestTestRequest
property name=authType
property type=java.lang.String
property reader=public java.lang.String com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.AbstractHttpRequest.getAuthType()], see error log for details
Fri Aug 12 09:14:33 CEST 2016:ERROR:An error occured [Failed to read an adapted Java Bean property.
cause=org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlValueOutOfRangeException: string value 'No Authorization' is not a valid enumeration value for type of authType element in Credentials in namespace http://eviware.com/soapui/config
bean=com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.RestTestRequest@131f5d0
property name=authType
property reader=public java.lang.String com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.AbstractHttpRequest.getAuthType()], see error log for details
Fri Aug 12 09:14:34 CEST 2016:ERROR:An error occured [Failed to read an adapted Java Bean property.
bean=com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.RestTestRequest@5d471e
property name=authType

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Can you please try in the most recent version - SoapUI v.52.1 and let us know how it reacts.

Thanks,

Kondasamy

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

It works there. But thats not a Solution  😄

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Delete the parameters with empty names in Resource Editor, save it and then you should be able to open it in later versions.

Eg.

in a WADL there will be Resources and Methods, there might be parameters in it. Please delete and then it will work.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am working in version 5.3.0 and using REST services. It happened the second time, that I defined services en testsuites. After a save or rename of the file I can not open the requests anymore. In what situation does SOAPui get confused - loses the link to the rest services.. Restarting the application does not work.
Tags (1)
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors