Forum Discussion

Philippe_Marste
New Contributor
16 years ago

inconsistent line ending style

Hi, I am user of the pro licence, and use the so called "composite" project feature. Actually, since our continuous integration server does not support/has not been configured for composite soapui project, we edit the file in composite mode, then once done, regenerate the "big" file, by deactivating and reactivating back again the composite option (true to false, then false to true). We checkin both the "big" soapui project file and the subfolders (composite parts). When doing so, we ensure having a consolidated version of the project, but keep enjoy collaborative work on a same soapui project.

The issue I am facing now, is we get a "inconsistent line ending style" SVN checkin error. This is due to the way soapUI pro regenerates the files (from big file to smaller composite file, or from composite files to big file). The CR/LF vs. LF only ending style seems not to be consistent and prevent us checking in the files.

Can you have a look into that?

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

This should be fixed now. Please check nightly builds. Let me know does it work for you now.

robert
      jsreesoap
      Contributor

Hi

I have ReadyAPI 1.6.0-m Snapshot. We recently migrated form SVN to GIT. Now I can't commit/push since my scripts have combination of CRLF and lf 

How do we resolve this issue?

Thx

J

jsreesoap
        Contributor

Hi

I received a fix from SmartBear today. Wonder why its not posted here thouth.

In Ready API version 1.6 (I use that)

Make sure  "Normalize line breaks" is checked in File -> Preferences -> UI

Save your projects again.

• I have the same problem with soapUI PRO 4.5.1. After switch to composite project and saving the project I got the folder-structure as needed, but when i check-in with tortoise svn i get the "insonsistent line ending"-error. How can I solve this problem? We need the composite mode for collaborative work and the SVN. please help.
  • We found another solution:
    TortoiseSVN / Settings / Subversion configuration file / Edit "config"
    Edit in chapter "### Regular Types" the line starting with ".xml"
    BEFORE:
    *.xml = svn:mime-type=text/xml;svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Id LastChangedDate LastChangedBy LastChangedRevision URL
    AFTER:
    *.xml = svn:mime-type=text/xml;svn:keywords=Id LastChangedDate LastChangedBy LastChangedRevision URL

So in that line the entry "svn:eol-style=native" was removed.

Then it worked, we could committ with SVN without errors (Win7, soapUI PRO 4.5.1)