I have SoapUI installed on Windows 7 and 10. (7 to be retired and is now just a backup).
The screens from SoapUI are eradic. I think there is some type of install issue.
I have already uninstalled and re-installed but it didn't help.
I select a project/request. And the screen change and new one popup with every click and/or move of the soapui window even though I have not requested a new request window to be opened..
I have attached a screen shot.
I cannot use SoapUI as it is now.
Is there a Window 10 problem or how can I completely remove SoapUI and all of it's folders and files to see if a re-install fixes it.
Solved! Go to Solution.
@Olga_T, could you please help here. As it seems to be ReadyAPI or system issue.
Thanks for drawing my attention to this, @HimanshuTayal!
Let me refer to our support engineers with this, stay tuned.
Our support team replied that they have not faced any Win 10-related issues of this kind. I have found a similar topic in the Community - Screen rendering on Windows 10 is very bad? - and it has some instructions described that you could try using. Please let me know whether this helps!
No. those other posts where from me back months ago.
The projects are there on my new workstation in the exact same folder. And the project do show and come up.
The problem is that I can open a request/response set clicking on a request then just moving the mouse can move and duplicate the windows so I can see 3, 4 or more of the same request/response window without clicking on the left panel or projects/requests again.
I was hoping to try to do a clean re-install but it is not clear if uninstall leave things around.
It is totally useless as it is now. I have to use my backup Win 7 machine to use SoapUI.
Would really be nice if this could be fixed instead of telling me that it doesn't happen there.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. The threads look very similar - there is a screen rendering issue in both of them. The first thread you started contains very useful steps that should help you overcome the issue you posted here. So, it's worth playing with the settings.
From what I see, the issue you faced is not very common. I suspect it's related to your environment as I have SoapUI OS installed on Windows 10 and I don't have any display issues (I've checked on other PCs in our test lab and there is no issue).
I informed the SoapUI OS team about this issue. However, I cannot tell you when the issue is fixed as this is an open source project. So, the best option right now is to try to find a workaround in SoapUI OS or move to SoapUI Pro.
I've got one more suggestion to check from our R&D Team. They suspect that this behavior is related with Java and suggest that you set the J2D_D3D environment variable to false. Here are the detailed steps:
Great to hear this!