Forum Discussion

EssE2
New Contributor
16 years ago

Signing Timestamp?

Hi,
I have a Security Config of type signature and of type timestamp. For the signature I didn't specify any message part to sign. So all parts should be signed, right?

But the timestamp that is also added is not signed.

How to sign the complete header and body including the timestamp? What do I have to set in the security configuration?

Regards,
EssE

4 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

You need to add the body and timestamp to the parts table in the ws-signature panel.

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    EssE2
    New Contributor
    well, I added Timestamp as signed part.

In the table I inserted:

ID
    Name          Timestamp
    Namespace    http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/ ... ty-1.0.xsd
    Encode        Element

Now the security header is completely empty. Even the timestamp itself is not added.

How should the table look like to make SOAP UI signing the timestamp and the body?
    EssE2
    New Contributor
    come on it must be possible to tell me what I have to insert into the signed parts table in order to sign the timestamp/body of the message.

Unfortunately the documentation says nothing in detail how the ID, name, namespace value can be filled.  I think this could be interesting for other users as well.
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

sorry for the delay on this.. you need to :

1) Make sure that you add the TimeStamp before adding the Signature to your outgoing WSS config
    2) Your parts-setup looks correct to me, you also need to add the body element of the request to this table if you want to sign that too..

hope this helps!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com