Forum Discussion

cpentecost
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

SOAPUI Data Driver not Recognizing Excel forms after upgrading to Windows 10

So I recently got an upgrade to my work computer and upgraded both the OS to Windows 10 and SOAPui open Source to 5.5.  All of my previous Tests now no longer work as they give this error: org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: Script3.groovy: 16: unable to resolve class Workbook @ line 16, column 10. Workbook workbook1 = Workbook.getWorkbook(new File(file)) 

I am not sure how to resolvethis error.  Do I need to recreate the spreadsheets?  I know in 5.4 that the data driver would only use spreadsheets with an .xls.  not sure if this is my issue.

• cpentecost,
    Each new release of SoapUI gets installed in a separate directory.

You might have placed the external library jar files under previous <SOAPUI INSTALL>/bin/ext directory.

So, it requires to copy those library files under new installation location in order to work. i.e., copy the dependencies under <SOAPUI_5.5.0 INSTALL Directory>/bin/ext directory. And restart the tool before retry.

1 Reply

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    cpentecost,
    Each new release of SoapUI gets installed in a separate directory.

You might have placed the external library jar files under previous <SOAPUI INSTALL>/bin/ext directory.

So, it requires to copy those library files under new installation location in order to work. i.e., copy the dependencies under <SOAPUI_5.5.0 INSTALL Directory>/bin/ext directory. And restart the tool before retry.