Forum Discussion

saravananramamo
Contributor
11 years ago

SOAPUI 5.0 - REST mock - deploy as war

Hi,

SOAPUI 5.0 rest mock is working awesome.
I am not able to export mock responses as war as like SOAP. It says " project does not have any MockService to deploy". Experts, please help on this if this feature implement in 5.0.

Thanks & Regards
Saravanan Ramamoorthy

10 Replies

• Hi,
    Can you please let me know when is the next version planned, where we can use deploy as war option for REST Mock services?

Thanks & Regards,
    Bhaskar
    redfish4ktc2
    Super Contributor
    I don't have this information, current release notes for the next version does not provide any date, nor that the war will manage rest mock services (see https://github.com/SmartBear/soapui/com ... 6b2085d7fd)

by the way, you can force the war generation by using the command line tool (in the soapui bin directory)
    you can compile the servlet class in the dev branch and store it in the war in place of the existing one

if you need more information about this workaround, i can help you on that
  • Hi,
    I need info about the workaround you proposed.
    May I have your help?
    Thanks
    redfish4ktc2
    Super Contributor
    yes
    1st you have to use the wargenerator sh/bat file in the bin directory. There is no online help for this but running it without any argument will display a small help

In parallel, you need to build the 'rest-mock-as-war-SOAP-1231' dev branch to get the new servlet implementation, then retrieve the servlet class and replace this in your war.
    If needed, I can build this class for you (I won't have time to do it before this week end). Note that I have not tested the resulting war but I am interesting on the result
    redfish4ktc2
    Super Contributor
    @annalisac, did you have time to check my proposal?
    If it works, you can simplify the process by modifying directly the soapui.jar file in the bin/lib directory. This will avoid modifying the war after each generation
  • We cannot get the REST mock services to work with 5.1 (Community Edition). Can some please tell me if this should work or not?
    redfish4ktc2
    Super Contributor
    Hi danbartlett
    yes it should work.
    As Soapui 5.1 is not available in binary form (at least SmartBear does not provide the binaries), can you tell me if you build SoapUI by yourself from sources and if yes how did you do? The problem may come from the build