Forum Discussion

superand
New Contributor
10 years ago

Run the setup script from the TestSuite in each TestCase

Hello all,

I am trying to set up a testsuite where before each test I want to bring the database at a certain pre-defined state (cleaning it up and adding necessary data). I am thinking of doing it in the Setup Script of the TestSuite but I want it to be run before each test case(there are about 40 test cases so I wouldn't want to write a setup script for each test case). Is this possible? I came across this feature request [1] somewhere back from SoapUI version 3.0 which appeared to have been implemented but I did not manage to use it in the current 5.0 version of SoapUI. Can you give me any pointers on how to achieve this functionality in SoapUI 5.0?

Thank you.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/p/soapui/feature-requests/223/

2 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    One way could be to bring the test environment to a state so that all your tests can run with out an issue, then you will be able to use Setup script of test suite.
    Otherwise, you have to have the same setup at each test case. However, you could do it programatically though by reading the suite, add the same setup script thru looping.
    superand
    New Contributor
    Thank you for your answer. So I guess the functionality described in the link that I mentioned is no longer part of the SoapUI project?