Forum Discussion

pbaker01
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

[RESOLVED]TcpMon directory

When I launch TcpMon the following error is displayed:
TcpMon directory must be set in global preferences.

What do I enter to set the global preference.  What is the "key"?

SoapUI 3.0.1

7 Replies

pbaker01
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi, thanks for the reference.  I did see that but I was not sure what key to enter in the global properties. I have downloaded the tcpmon jar and placed it is a directory.  Now what values to I enter the global parameter key value properties dialog. Or am I missing something..

Thanks in advance!

Paul
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Paul,

Be sure to download the entire TCPMon distro, not just the jar file, and no further key/values should be required. You have to set the directory you've unpacked TCPMon to in Preferences/Tools. Does this help?
    What exact problem do you have?

Regards,
    /Dragica
    eviware.com
    pbaker01
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for the reply.

You have to set the directory you've unpacked TCPMon to in Preferences/Tools. Does this help?

I am stuck here.. Perhaps I am just daft but the Global Properties page in SoapUI (3.0.0) just allows name/value pairs to be entered - like a properties file.  I am new to SoapUI and Tcpmon and I do not know how to configure the directory location.  What is the format of the name value paring?
    Name =
    Value = C:\tcpmon (or something like this??)

Apologies for being so daft....
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

When you open Preferences dialog, click the Tools tab and there you'll find, among many other fields, the field called "Apache TcpMon" (check http://www.soapui.org/userguide/tools/index.html). Brows to the directory where you unpacked the TcpMon and that should be it. Then you can launch it from Tools in Global SoapUI toolbar.

Regards,
    /Dragica
    eviware.com
    pbaker01
    Occasional Contributor
    Now I can see that my question was daft... thanks for the reply. pb
  • Seems like Apache has removed TCP Mon distro from all the mirrors.
    There is a google version of TCPMon with apache license but it does not come with a distro.

Could you please point me in the correct direction to setup tcpmon in soapUI?