Forum Discussion

soapuiuser2
New Contributor
16 years ago

NoClassDef on using testrunner

I am getting a NoClassDef on SOAP UI Release[s:yl24l6mo]2.1[/s:yl24l6mo] 2.5.1 when using TestRunner

C:\work\test\lib>java -cp C:\work\test\lib\activation-1.1.jar;C:\work\test\lib\bcprov-jdk15-140.jar;C:\work\test\lib\commons-beanutils-20030211.134440.jar;C:\work\test\lib\commons-cli-20040117.000000.jar;C:\work\test\lib\commons-codec-1.3.jar;C:\work\test\lib\commons-httpclient-20020423.jar;C:\work\test\lib\commons-logging-1.1.1.jar;C:\work\test\lib\commons-ssl-0.3.4.jar;C:\work\test\lib\jsr173-xmlbeans-2.4.0.jar;C:\work\test\lib\junit-4.5.jar;C:\work\test\lib\log4j-1.2.15.jar;C:\work\test\lib\mail-1.4.1.jar;C:\work\test\lib\mockito-all-1.7.jar;C:\work\test\lib\saxon-8.7.jar;C:\work\test\lib\saxon-dom-9.jar;C:\work\test\lib\soapui-2.5.1.jar;C:\work\test\lib\swingx-soapui.jar;C:\aa_workspace\test\lib\wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar;C:\work\test\lib\xbean-2.2.0.jar;C:\work\test\lib\xbean_xpath-2.1.0.jar;C:\work\test\lib\xercesImpl-2.9.1.jar;C:\work\test\lib\xml-apis-1.3.04.jar;C:\work\test\lib\xmlpublic-2.1.0.jar;C:\work\test\lib\xmlunit-1.2.jar com.eviware.soapui.tools.SoapUITestCaseRunner ./adapter/adapter_dev_sopaui.xml
soapUI 2.5.1 TestCase Runner
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
        at com.eviware.soapui.support.log.SoapUIAppender.append(SoapUIAppender.java:34)
        at org.apache.log4j.AppenderSkeleton.doAppend(AppenderSkeleton.java:251)
        at org.apache.log4j.helpers.AppenderAttachableImpl.appendLoopOnAppenders(AppenderAttachableImpl.java:66)
        at org.apache.log4j.Category.callAppenders(Category.java:206)
        at org.apache.log4j.Category.forcedLog(Category.java:391)
        at org.apache.log4j.Category.error(Category.java:305)
        at com.eviware.soapui.tools.AbstractSoapUIRunner.runFromCommandLine(AbstractSoapUIRunner.java:82)
        at com.eviware.soapui.tools.SoapUITestCaseRunner.main(SoapUITestCaseRunner.java:105)

5 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

Could you please start with upgrading to latest version of SoapUI.
    Let us know if the problem continues.

Regards,
    Dragica
  • Hi Dragica,

I am using SOAP UI Maven Repository to get the jar file.

Regards,
    Vivek
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi Vivek,

It looks like you are using mixed up libraries.
    Could you please download the latest release and use libraries that are used there.

Regards,
    Dragica
  • Hi,

I pulled out all files from SOAP UI maven repository and got the same response as before.

Then i followed Dragica advice and used jars which come packaged with the latest release. All tests were executed without issues.

I am using Apache Ivy for dependency management and the only solution i see hence forth is publishing SOAP UI jars (bundled with SOAP UI Release) in my organisation's ivy repository as the SOAP UI Maven2 repository does not seem to have the latest files.

Many Thanks,
    Vivek
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi Vivek,

all the latest jars used by soapUI 2.5.1 are in our maven2 repository at http://www.eviware.com/repository/maven2 and in our maven1 repository at http://www.soapui.org/repository, but both these repositories also contain older versions of the jars. Either you use the packaged jars as suggested, or figure out which versions to get from our repository by inspecting our maven1 project.xml which is available in our public svn at svn://svn.eviware.com/soapui/trunk/core/project.xml. Either way is fine for us!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com