Forum Discussion

mrunalGX
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Getting handshake error while execution of project xml through batch file in SOAPUI

I am getting Handshake failure error while i am executing SOAPUI project XML from a batch file. The keystore is set in SOAPUI Preferences and also in SSL settings at Project level.

Could you please help me with the issue.

Error Message :-
2018-06-19 11:18:40,302 ERROR [WsdlSubmit] Exception in request: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
2018-06-19 11:18:40,302 ERROR [errorlog] javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

Regards,
Mrunal
  • Hi,

I found the solution myself. I did below changes in testrunner.bat file.

Please edit testrunner.bat and add :

set java_opts=%java_opts% -dsoapui.https.protocols=TLSv1,TLSv1.2,SSLv3

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dsoapui.browser.disabled="true"

Regards,

Mrunal

4 Replies

• This seems to be a SSL certificate error issue. You can contact your admin for this. As a workaround, you can open the webpage in firefox and get the SSL certificate by downloading the same and you can use/upload wherever it is required.

mrunalGX
      New Contributor

I did not get you Pratap.

If it is an SSL certificate issue then the status of the certificate that is uploaded in SOAPUI > Preferences > SSL Settings should show error. Whereas,  it is showing status as OK. Please find attached the screen shot for same.

Also when i execute the SOAPUI request through SOAPUI it is getting executed successfully.

Could you please help.

Regards,

Mrunal

mrunalGX
        New Contributor

Hi,

I found the solution myself. I did below changes in testrunner.bat file.

Please edit testrunner.bat and add :

set java_opts=%java_opts% -dsoapui.https.protocols=TLSv1,TLSv1.2,SSLv3

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dsoapui.browser.disabled="true"

Regards,

Mrunal