Forum Discussion

PaZamani
New Contributor
4 years ago

Functional Test Automation

Dear Support Team,

I studied the following link and also viewed the tutorial video about "Create Your First Rest Test" in Quick Start section. 

https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/

However, I did not find anything about functional test automaton in ReadyAPI or SoapUI applications.  I would like to know if functional test automation is provided besides service testing in these automation applications.  Thank you.

3 Replies

ChrisAdams
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Would you like to describe in a little more detail about "functional test automation" and what you expect to see in SoapUI?

PaZamani
      New Contributor

Dear Chris,

In manual testing, I work with the application as a user and I test different correct and incorrect input.  I expect the application either displays the correct data according to the input or shows the error message.  Therefore, in automatic testing, I would like to do the same and test the function or UI of the application automatically and I am not seeking service testing.  I wonder if in SoapUI, the automated functional testing is done.  Thank you.

ChrisAdams
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

SoapUI is for testing API's and web services.

I believe Smartbear's Test Complete does UI testing.  Beyond that, have a look at Selenium or Cypress IO for automating UI tests.

Chris