Forum Discussion

steveKubik
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Create SOAP Automation Project in Eclipse

Hi All,

I would need an idea can we able to create a Project/Suite/Test Cases/Test Steps in Groovy Code in Eclipse. I am new to Groovy and learner. If some one helps me that would be great help for me. I will contribute this community once as much i can . some one please help me . If possible Do you have any samples/Examples?

My requirement is :

1) Project Creation.

2) Test Suites

3) Test Cases.

4) Test Steps

5) Run the Test Steps.

Thanks

Steve

2 Replies

rupert_anderson
    Valued Contributor

Hi,

Was it a REST or SOAP project that you were looking to create?

Please take a look at an integration test I wrote for a SoapUI extension and see if it helps give you any ideas (covers creating Project/TestSuite/TestCase/TestSteps):

https://github.com/bearsoftware/ReplaceRequestInAllTestStepsAction/blob/master/src/test/groovy/bsl/custom/RelatedTestStepsSelectorIntegrationTest.groovy

If this helps I can probably find other examples.

Regards,

Rupert

steveKubik
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply and I am looking for SOAP Service  Project. Sorry for the delay and i was away from work.

I really need a help from you. Because I am able to achieve in SOAP UI.

1). Create a Project

2). Add the Test Suite.

3). Create Test Cases and Test Steps.

4). Run the Test Suite 

5). Save the  Project'

To maintain a code in SOAP UI very difficult and i need to write some of the scripts using Object oriented. So I am thinking writing a code in Eclipse will be easier and object oriented. Also I need to write lot of test cases for the below approach.

I am able to do that in SOAP UI that creates Project,Test Suite, Test Cases, Test Steps and Run the suite. Same I need to do in SOAP UI.  Would you please give some example.  The example that you provided looks for Rest Service.

Thanks

Steve