Forum Discussion

Spencer
New Contributor
16 years ago

Capturing property transfer Source name

Hi,

I'm using soapUI pro and I have a test case comprised of several Requests. Also included in the test case is a property transfer step. Is there a way to capture the name of the Source and transfer it to a Data Sink through the UI?
Example transfer step:
1. Add Transfer "sourceName"
2. Select "Request1" as the Property Transfer Source
3. Select Request as the Source Property
4. Write code in Source text box to capture name of source, "Request1" (i.e. something like request.name (which I can't get to work))
5. Select DataSink as Target
6. Select "requestName" as Target Property

I want to capture the source name "Request1" and store it in transfer "sourceName" and then transfer that to datasink property "requestName" such that the end result is that "requestName" contains the value "Request1".

Can I do this? If so, what is the syntax of the code fragment that would capture the name of the Property Transfer Source, "Request1",  in a property transfer variable so that I can feed it to the DataSink?
If not, is there some other way to do this?

Thanks.

2 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

the property-transfer source/target xpath areas expect xpath or xquery statements, neither of these will allow you to do what you want.

Create a groovy script step instead to write the desired property values to the DataSink!

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com