Forum Discussion

MBratukhin
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

testRunner.bat not use UTF-8

Hi,
sorry for my english. :manfrustrated:

I use soapui by functional/automated testing async-servises (IBM WebSphere MQ + HermesJMS). Previous version of my test application is using CharacterSet = Win1251, but the new version uses UTF-8. When you run the test on the new version of the application had problems with the encoding of messages and Tests Fail

I found a solution that partially helped me. http://0guzhan.blogspot.ru/2012/05/soapui-450-workspace-problem.html

I add "Dfile.encoding=UTF-8" in BIN\SoapUI-5.0.0.vmoptions and this WORK! Tests passed, but i found second problem. It works through a GUI, but not from the console.

This properties doesn't work in command-line (testRunner.bat or Launch testRunner). These tests failed at startup in command-line.

That's too bad, because command line used to run tests from Jazz :mansad:

if I update testrunner.bat add properties -Dgroovy.source.enkoding = UTF-8, it will help me?

I do not know how to configure it to work soapui with UTF-8 through the GUI and console

I use soapui 5.0.0,
the previous version of my test application soapui worked with the GUI and console.

• I found a solution. it was necessary to add testrunner.bat "-Dfile.encoding = UTF-8"

rem JVM parameters, modify as appropriate
    set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms128m -Xmx1024m -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Dsoapui.properties=soapui.properties "-Dsoapui.home=%SOAPUI_HOME%\"

1 Reply

MBratukhin
    New Contributor

I found a solution. it was necessary to add testrunner.bat "-Dfile.encoding = UTF-8"

rem JVM parameters, modify as appropriate
    set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms128m -Xmx1024m -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Dsoapui.properties=soapui.properties "-Dsoapui.home=%SOAPUI_HOME%\"