Forum Discussion

jobru
New Contributor
8 years ago

soapui-settings.xml not being picked up by SoapUI 5.2.1

Dear,

I’m struggling with the SoapUI settings while executing my test suite.

I have the following command which is correctly executing the tests:

software/SoapUI-5.2.1/bin/testrunner.sh -r -I -j -s"TestSuite - Functional" projects/psb-soapui-project.xml -f output/functional

Here I always get feedback that the soapui-settings.xml file has been initialized:

15:38:23,030 INFO  [DefaultSoapUICore] initialized soapui-settings from [/home/isr/soapui-settings.xml]

Now I need to enable an additional preference in the soapui-settings.xml file, namely: <con:setting id="HttpSettings@authenticate-preemptively">true</con:setting>

Since I cannot use the default preferences anymore, I would like to point to another soapui-settings.xml file using the –t parameter in the testrunner.sh script.

I’m executing the following command now:

software/SoapUI-5.2.1/bin/testrunner.sh -r -I -j -t"software/SoapUI-5.2.1/soapui-settings.xml" -s"TestSuite - Functional" projects/psb-soapui-project.xml -f output/functional

I don’t get any feedback at all that the right soapui-settings.xml file has been chosen. I still get the same feedback as before:

15:38:23,030 INFO  [DefaultSoapUICore] initialized soapui-settings from [/home/isr/soapui-settings.xml]

Could you please help me out? Thanks in advance!

I’m using SoapUI 5.2.1 (for this specific project we’re currently not using the pro version).

The full soapui-settings.xml file is now:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<con:soapui-settings xmlns:con="http://eviware.com/soapui/config">

<con:setting id="WsdlSettings@cache-wsdls">true</con:setting>

<con:setting id="WsdlSettings@pretty-print-response-xml">true</con:setting>

<con:setting id="HttpSettings@authenticate-preemptively">true</con:setting>

<con:setting id="HttpSettings@include_request_in_time_taken">true</con:setting>

<con:setting id="HttpSettings@include_response_in_time_taken">true</con:setting>

<con:setting id="UISettings@auto_save_interval">0</con:setting>

<con:setting id="WsdlSettings@excluded-types">&lt;con:entry xmlns:con=&quot;http://eviware.com/soapui/config&quot;&gt;schema@http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema&lt;/con:entry&gt;</con:setting>

<con:setting id="WsdlSettings@name-with-binding">true</con:setting>

<con:setting id="HttpSettings@max_connections_per_host">500</con:setting>

<con:setting id="HttpSettings@max_total_connections">2000</con:setting>

<con:setting id="com.eviware.soapui.SoapUI@workspace">../../TestPBE-workspace.xml</con:setting>

<con:setting id="RecentProjects">&lt;xml-fragment/&gt;</con:setting>

</con:soapui-settings>

The execution of the script starts as follows:

================================== SOAPUI_HOME = /catalog/integration-tests/software/SoapUI-5.2.1=================================15:23:48,063 INFO  [SoapUI] Adding [/catalog/integration-tests/software/SoapUI-5.2.1/bin/ext/postgresql-9.4-1201.jdbc41.jar] to extensions classpath15:23:48,064 INFO  [DefaultSoapUICore] Creating new settings at [/root/soapui-settings.xml]SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementationSLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.15:23:50,885 INFO  [PluginManager] 0 plugins loaded in 1 ms15:23:50,885 INFO  [DefaultSoapUICore] All plugins loadedSoapUI 5.2.1 TestCase Runnerjava.awt.HeadlessException: No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it.        at sun.awt.HeadlessToolkit.getScreenSize(HeadlessToolkit.java:284)        at com.eviware.soapui.analytics.providers.BaseAnalyticsProvider.getStrScreenSize(BaseAnalyticsProvider.java:48)        at com.eviware.soapui.analytics.providers.GoogleAnalyticsProvider.getEventLabel(GoogleAnalyticsProvider.java:165)        at com.eviware.soapui.analytics.providers.GoogleAnalyticsProvider.buildParametersString(GoogleAnalyticsProvider.java:73)        at com.eviware.soapui.analytics.providers.GoogleAnalyticsProvider.trackAction(GoogleAnalyticsProvider.java:48)        at com.eviware.soapui.analytics.AnalyticsManager$3.run(AnalyticsManager.java:167)        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)15:23:54,770 INFO  [WsdlProject] Loaded project from [file:/catalog/integration-tests/projects/psb-soapui-project.xml]

Then the test suite of the SoapUI project is run.

P.S. The above HeadlessException was also there before, so it cannot be related to this issue.

8 Replies

HROBKK
    Occasional Contributor

Hello, I had the same issue when setting up a new environment using SoapUI 5.2.1. I have 3 different settings file for different with preferences for different release numbers. 

Rolling back to SoapUI 5.0.0 has fixed it. Specifying the -t parameter with a setting file to use does not seem not to work with 5.2.1? Or is there a config somewhere that is required for it to function properly?

HROBKK
    Occasional Contributor

Hello, I had the same issue when setting up a new environment using SoapUI 5.2.1. I have 3 different settings files with preferences for different release numbers. 

Rolling back to SoapUI 5.0.0 has fixed it (we have an old env running 5.0.0 and it is working fine). Specifying the -t parameter with a setting file to use does not seem not to work with 5.2.1? Or is there a config somewhere that is required for it to function properly?

HROBKK
    Occasional Contributor

Hello, I had the same issue when setting up a new environment using SoapUI 5.2.1. I have 3 different settings files with preferences for different release numbers. 

Rolling back to SoapUI 5.0.0 has fixed it (we have an old env running 5.0.0 and it is working fine). Specifying the -t parameter with a setting file to use does not seem to work with 5.2.1? Or is there a config somewhere that is required for it to function properly?