Forum Discussion

Mis3
Frequent Contributor
3 years ago

Slow Response from high versions of SoapUI

I was running V5.5.0 in laptop-1 and all went well.  I upgraded to V5.6.1 recently and noticed that some (not all) API ran slow.   I mean the response went from 100-300ms to 5000-15000ms.

I have another laptop, laptop-2, running V5.6.0 and it is fine; same API would get the response within 100-200ms.   The projects are the same because although laptop-1 is my main laptop, I copied the whole SOAPUI-PROJECTS directory from laptop-1 to laptop-2 every week. 

In laptop-2, I now have both V5.6.0 and 5.7.0.   Sure enough, the same API would get the response a lot quicker in V5.6.0 than V5.7.0.

My conclusion is V5.5.0 and V5.6.0 are quicker than V5.6.1 and V5.7.0.   Do this make sense to you?

Any help is appreciated.

4 Replies

Mis3
    Frequent Contributor

I have multiple versions of SoapUI installed in my laptop.   Does each SoapUI has it own Java version?

Someone told me that SoapUI 5.5.0 uses Java 8 and SoapUI 5.7 uses Java 16 (JDK).  Maybe the latency is introduced by Java 16.   Is there a way to make SoapUI 5.7 to use Java 8?

KarelHusa
    Champion Level 3

Mis3 ,

I use the bundled JRE and the performance of 5.7.0 is the same as of previous versions (tested on Windows 10 and Linux Ubuntu). 

At least I cannot recognize the difference.

Do you have the same setup in both versions, e.g. proxy configuration?

Karel

Mis3
      Frequent Contributor

How do I check the Java version of each SoapUI in my laptop?

As per your suggestion, I compared the settings (Preferences) in each version of SoapUI in my laptop.  "Proxy Setting: Automatic" in all versions.

I did find something strange in Tool location in WS-I Settings:

Laptop-1 V5.5     C:\Users\pierret\AppData\Local\Programs\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.5.0/wsi-test-tools

Laptop-1 V5.6.1  C:\Users\pierret\AppData\Local\Programs\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.5.0/wsi-test-tools

Laptop-2 V5.7     C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.6.0/wsi-test-tools

Laptop-2 V5.6.1  C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.6.0/wsi-test-tools

Laptop_2 V5.5     C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.6.0/wsi-test-tool

Looks to me that all versions of SoapUI in a laptop use the same wsi-test-tools.  Note that every time I install SoapUI, I choose all the default installaiotn settings.

Do these wsi-test-tools increase the latency of the API requests?  

Mis3
        Frequent Contributor

Maybe the displays of WS-I Settings are incorrect.

I checked System Properties of V5.5 (left) and V5.6.1 (right).   The 2 SoapUI use different Java libraries.