Forum Discussion

alwoude
Occasional Visitor
9 years ago

SOAPUI instability with Oracle OWSM Message protection

Hey all,

I keep noticing strange issues with the SOAPUI behaviour when using Oracle's Web Service Manager policies. The policies used are about message protection and are customized to use timestamping and signing only. 

Basically I have the same setup as http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/webservices-manager/message-protection-jdev-1559448.pdf minus encryption. 

Problems:

1) The setup as in the above mentioned pdf doesnt work with SoapUI 5.0 it does work with 4.0.1 and 4.5. 

2) During the testing of the policies , SoapUI behaves really unstable. I have 1 project  that contains several different ws-clients. Those webservices are all on the same weblogic server, configured with the same owsm policy and certificate configuration.

a) testing the 1 service shows periods that signing works and then suddenly without any changes to either config stops working: sometimes at SoapUI side because as error log says : "it cannot find the timestamp for signing" eventhough it is generated and visible in the message. Or suddenly at service side where the service complains about the signature. When testing the service from a java client, the service is stable.

b)Within the project it can happen that 1 service doesnt work because of "signature/certificate" issues while a second service works like a charm. This is really confusing because the SoapUI project has only 1 security configuration and both ws-clients use the same configuration. 

I have the feeling this is a bug in the SoapUI interaction with OWSM policies. Where can I file a bug report?

I love to hear from you guys if you have experiences, solutions etc. 

How do I get this to work?

Regards,

Alexander

No RepliesBe the first to reply