Forum Discussion

sudhagowri
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Properties needs to input from excel file

Hi All,

I am setting up properties to be used in my test step but the properties would need to be generated in excel as they need to be user input.For example the time can be any time but value a and b needs to be 1 min apart. 

Is there any way that i can generate the times in excel and then bring into SOAP UI properties?

Thanks for helping me.

Sudha,exc

PaulMS
    8 years ago

Properties can be loaded from a text file but not directly from Excel without a custom Groovy script.

You could save an Excel file as a text file as long as you separate the property name and value with = sign. (e.g. add a column with = between name and value). A header row without = sign will be skipped when loading prop value from an external file.

5 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Unclear question.
    How much(many records) data you needed to generate?
      sudhagowri
      Occasional Contributor

Hi nmrao,

Sorry about that. Thanks for helping. There is going to be many of them, around 50. The problem is, if you see the screenshot attached, the value against "Record Equipment Primary Status" changes everyday. Therefore i need to work on this value externally in excel and bring it in here. Is there a way that i can load a excel file as a properties file?

There is a Load properties button on the Properties screen but it doesnt have have any file option to choose from.

Thanks.

Sudha

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Not sure if I got it.

Would you please tell what is your use case? For now, explain process flow.