Forum Discussion

Shrinivas
New Contributor
17 years ago

No signature in message! (from client)

Hi, Unable to pass the keystore information thro Datapower.
and i get the following warning msg in SoapUI log

Thu Nov 15 18:43:02 EST 2007:WARN:Missing matching Fault in wsdl for bindingOperation [MethodName]

So can i pass the certificates thro datapower using SoapUI?

6 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

hmmm.. please give some more details: what do you mean by "pass the keystore information thro Datapower"? What are you trying to do? When are you getting this error?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Shrinivas
    New Contributor
    Step1: Created a new SOAP request
    Step 2: Assign a keystore path along with password:  File->preference->SSLsetting
    Step 3: Added the arguments
    Step 4: Submit the request

The architecture has Datapower and so the xml message is not being digitally signed. On the datapower side, I am getting the error at the verification step - i can see this from the Datapower console

Also, in Soap UI, how can i ensure the digital signature is a part of the header information in the SOAP message.

Please suggest!

Thanks
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

if you want to sign the message you need to use the new WSS support in soapUI 2.0 beta.. do as follows:

1) select the WSS inspector at the bottom of the request editor
    2) select the "Cryptos" tab and add a new crypto; point it to your keystore
    3) select the "Entries" tab and add a new Signature entry, select the created krypto and specify the alias/password for the key you want to use for signing
    4) select the "Config" tab and check the "Auto apply..." option
    5) send your request!

If all goes well , your message should get digitally signed and sent away.. you can look in the http-log to see the actual message that was sent (with the SOAP Signature headers)..

Alternatively, instead of selecting the "Auto apply" option, you could use the "Apply" above the WSS tabs to button to sign the request in the request editor, in that way you can see the signed message before sending your request..

Hope this helps!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Shrinivas
    New Contributor
    Hey Thanks buddy for the immediate response!!

let me verify this solution 
    Shrinivas
    New Contributor
    Hello Omatzura
    based on your suggestion i installed Soap 2-0beta and have encountered following error:

C:\soapUI-2.0-beta1\bin>soapui.bat
    Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xrunjvmhook -Xbootclasspath/a:C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MERCUR~1\FUNCTI~1\Java\classes;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MERCUR~1\FUNCTI~
    1\Java\classes\jasmine.jar;-Xrunjvmhook -Xbootclasspath/a:C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MERCUR~1\FUNCTI~1\Java\classes;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MERCUR~1\FUNCT
    I~1\Java\classes\jasmine.jar;
    FATAL ERROR: JVMPI, an experimental interface, is no longer supported.Please use the supported interface: the JVM Tool Interface (JVM TI).
    For information on temporary workarounds contact: jvmpi_eol@sun.com
    Error: could not load Mercury Interactive support. Please run the setup again.
          If the problem persists please contact Mercury's Customer support.
    Error occurred during initialization of VM
    -Xrun library failed to init: jvmhook
    C:\soapUI-2.0-beta1\bin>

I have mailed the problem to jvmpi_eol@sun.com. hopeful to receive the reply soon..

Thank you
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

strange error.. soapUI 2.0 uses has upgraded to jdk 1.6.03.. maybe the mercury libraries aren't in sync with java 1.6?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com