Ask a Question

Error trying to load wsdl

jpknet
Occasional Contributor

Error trying to load wsdl

Dear all,

I am really new in soapUI and I want to use a call web service built in Dynamics AX 2009.

I can browse it without problems from IIS.

But when I want to load it on soapUI is giving me an error: unexpected element string.

I am working with the latest version of soapUI. I setup the proxy on soap preferences.

Any idea how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Josep

13 REPLIES 13
rupert_anderson
Valued Contributor

Re: Error trying to load wsdl

Hi Josep,

I have seen instances when loading WSDLs that, if the WSDL contains external schemas (URLS) that cannot be resolved (for various reasons e.g. SoapUI proxy, other network issues), then you can get strange error messages like these when SoapUI fails to load some or all of the external schemas leading to various types (like string) not being recognised in the WSDL.

Does your WSDL contain any external schemas /imports? If so, have you checked that these can be resolved ok from inside SoapUI? 

Cheers,

Rupert

Author of SoapUI Cookbook
jpknet
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rupert,

To be honest I don't really know if there are external schemas.

This web service has to work in a virtual machine in our network.

I've tested http://our ip of this host/MicrosoftDynamicsAXAif50/intflxmanifestws2service.svc by a browser outside this virtual machine, and after requesting user and password, I can see the wsdl path, and clicking this path I can see the xml file.

But in soapUI 5.1.3 is showing this error.

• Fri May 08 16:02:42 WAT 2015:ERROR:com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.InvalidDefinitionException
  • com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.InvalidDefinitionException
  • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlLoader.makeInvalidDefinitionException(WsdlLoader.java:119)
  • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlLoader.loadXmlObject(WsdlLoader.java:109)
  • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.xsd.SchemaUtils.getDefinitionParts(SchemaUtils.java:488)
  • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.xsd.SchemaUtils.getDefinitionParts(SchemaUtils.java:477)
  • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionCache.update(AbstractDefinitionCache.java:94)
  • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionContext$Loader.construct(AbstractDefinitionContext.java:209)
  • at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorkerDelegator.construct(SwingWorkerDelegator.java:46)
  • at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:131)
  • at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I really appreciate any help to fix it.

Kind regards,

Josep

rupert_anderson
Valued Contributor

Hi Josep,

Ok, no problem. Are you are to show the wsdl or if its sensitive you can send me a private message with it? Then I can take a look and see if I can spot anything, or even try importing it myself.

Aside from proxy, the fact that you have to provide credentials might be a problem i.e. might indicate any schema imports cannot authenticate

Cheers,

Rup

jpknet
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rupert,

Thanks so much for your reply!

The web service is requesting user and password is because the endpoint has a basic binding with authetication.

I can send you the xml that there is behind this wsdl.

Let me know if it's fine for you.

Kind regards,

Josep

rupert_anderson
Valued Contributor

Hi Josep,

No, problem - please send the WSDL over or share it somehow so that I can see the contents?

If you have to provide credentials to view the WSDL then SoapUI may also need to, have never have this situation. ALternatively if you mean basic http auth is required to make requests to the service, then this is no problem to add in SoapUI.

Cheers,

Rup

jpknet
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rupert,

I have modified something and now the service is not requesting username and password.

But a new error is coming, I am not sure but I think that it's not a soapUI issue right now.

<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<s:Body>
<s:Fault>
<faultcode xmlns:a="http://schemas.microsoft.com/net/2005/12/windowscommunicationfoundation/dispatcher">a:InternalServic...
<faultstring xml:lang="en-GB">The Application Integration Framework Web service cannot determine the Windows login of the user calling the Web service. Check the Web server Event Viewer for more information, or contact your Administrator.</faultstring>
<detail>
<ExceptionDetail xmlns="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.ServiceModel" xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<HelpLink i:nil="true"/>
<InnerException i:nil="true"/>
<Message>The Application Integration Framework Web service cannot determine the Windows login of the user calling the Web service. Check the Web server Event Viewer for more information, or contact your Administrator.</Message>
<StackTrace><![CDATA[at Microsoft.Dynamics.IntegrationFramework.Service.MessageProperties.get_SubmittingUser()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.IntegrationFramework.Service.MessageProperties.get_SourceEndpointUser()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.IntegrationFramework.Service.WcfAxAdapter.SubmitMessageToAx()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.IntegrationFramework.Service.WcfAxAdapter.ProcessService()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.IntegrationFramework.Service.INTFlxManifestWS2Service.read(INTFlxManifestWS2ServiceReadRequest readRequest)
at SyncInvokeread(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)]]></StackTrace>
<Type>System.ArgumentException</Type>
</ExceptionDetail>
</detail>
</s:Fault>
</s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

rupert_anderson
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Ok, so it seems you are now at least able to make a request, albeit rsulting in the fault code.

So, you must have been able to import the WSDL successully? In other words, you must have created a project for the WSDL e.g. File> new SOAP Project, then submitted a request?

If this is the case, have you also tried providing HTTP Basic authentication details under the Auth tab of the request e.g. 

soap-auth-details.png

Cheers,

Rup

jpknet
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rupert,

At the end I got a request, but when I want to submit these request, the system is showing this error.
I have added the username and password where you suggested, but it's still not working.

I don't really know what else I can do.

Thanks for your assistance!,

Josep

rupert_anderson
Valued Contributor

Hi Josep,

Ok, well it seems you have made some progress though, as you have imported the WSDL and have at least fired a request.

Do you know what kind of security/authentication your service requires? I was assuming Basic HTTP, but the error message mentions Windows user, so perhaps it isn't?

Cheers,

Rup

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: