Forum Discussion

jpknet
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Error trying to load wsdl

Dear all,

I am really new in soapUI and I want to use a call web service built in Dynamics AX 2009.

I can browse it without problems from IIS.

But when I want to load it on soapUI is giving me an error: unexpected element string.

I am working with the latest version of soapUI. I setup the proxy on soap preferences.

Any idea how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Josep

13 Replies

rupert_anderson
    Valued Contributor

Hi Josep,

I have seen instances when loading WSDLs that, if the WSDL contains external schemas (URLS) that cannot be resolved (for various reasons e.g. SoapUI proxy, other network issues), then you can get strange error messages like these when SoapUI fails to load some or all of the external schemas leading to various types (like string) not being recognised in the WSDL.

Does your WSDL contain any external schemas /imports? If so, have you checked that these can be resolved ok from inside SoapUI? 

Cheers,

Rupert

jpknet
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Rupert,

To be honest I don't really know if there are external schemas.

This web service has to work in a virtual machine in our network.

I've tested http://our ip of this host/MicrosoftDynamicsAXAif50/intflxmanifestws2service.svc by a browser outside this virtual machine, and after requesting user and password, I can see the wsdl path, and clicking this path I can see the xml file.

But in soapUI 5.1.3 is showing this error.

• Fri May 08 16:02:42 WAT 2015:ERROR:com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.InvalidDefinitionException
      • com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.InvalidDefinitionException
      • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlLoader.makeInvalidDefinitionException(WsdlLoader.java:119)
      • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlLoader.loadXmlObject(WsdlLoader.java:109)
      • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.xsd.SchemaUtils.getDefinitionParts(SchemaUtils.java:488)
      • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.xsd.SchemaUtils.getDefinitionParts(SchemaUtils.java:477)
      • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionCache.update(AbstractDefinitionCache.java:94)
      • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionContext$Loader.construct(AbstractDefinitionContext.java:209)
      • at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorkerDelegator.construct(SwingWorkerDelegator.java:46)
      • at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:131)
      • at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I really appreciate any help to fix it.

Kind regards,

Josep

rupert_anderson
        Valued Contributor

Hi Josep,

Ok, no problem. Are you are to show the wsdl or if its sensitive you can send me a private message with it? Then I can take a look and see if I can spot anything, or even try importing it myself.

Aside from proxy, the fact that you have to provide credentials might be a problem i.e. might indicate any schema imports cannot authenticate

Cheers,

Rup