Forum Discussion

tonielfuster
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

Automatic screenshots for each step. It's possible?

Hi community.

I'm trying to improve the way in which we are working in the company. For each step, we use to make screen captures by hand and pasting them into an excel sheet, in order to build a test report.

This is not an efficient way to work in my opinion, but is just the company want...

I'm looking for a way to make automatic screenshots for each step. But cannot find how. There is any option in a groovy script or something like that?

Hope to someone has an aproximation or solution.

P.D: Other solution could be redirect the xml from request and response into a excel sheet, but is not what the company needs

Thank you in advance

10 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    What kind of steps are you trying from soapui? That will help to understand your scenario better.
      tonielfuster
      Occasional Contributor

@nmrao. I'm using JDBC, SOAP steps

I mean, for example (request response): 

requestResponseScreenshots.png

For each step.

I'm using PRO version fyi.

Regards

nmrao
        Champion Level 3

1. I understand screen shots mostly used for web apps as it could have sequence steps and how the screen looks when certain failure happens. The steps you mentioned have the responses and no GUI is in involved when web services are being tested.
        2. Note that SoapUI NG is the right forum for the Pro users, that helps you for faster response.