Ask a Question

Algorithm used to encrypt project

irinasz
New Contributor

Algorithm used to encrypt project

SoapUI project can be encrypted by specifying project password on Project Properties page. I added the password and checked the project xml file, the content is encrypted. What encryption algorithm is being used and what is the length of the encryption key.
SoapUI v 4.5.1
Many thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
MarcusJ

Hi,

I believe the encryption algorithm is Triple DES (Triple Data Encryption Algorithm). I will ask development to confirm and specify length of the encryption key.

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
SmartBear_Suppo
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

The encryption key length we use is 192 bits.

Regards,
SmartBear Support

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
irinasz
New Contributor

Thank you so much for the reply. I would like to double-check the details please.
The Wikipedia has a good article on 3DES. Here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_DES

It show the following key size: 168, 112 or 56 bits. Can you please double-check the length
Thank you so much.
SmartBear_Suppo
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi again,

The key size is indeed 192 bits. SoapUI uses a special implementation of the Triple DES algorithm that uses a key size of 192 bits.

Regards,
SmartBear Support

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: