Forum Discussion

MattE
Visitor
9 years ago

5.1.3 End of Line Characters

Hello,

I have come across and odd quirck in version 5.1.3 of SoapUI and I am unable to find a single shread of comments about it around the web, which is concerning really.

The short end of the story, in version 5.1.3, I create a new project, import a WSDL, create a suite/case/etc. when I save the project, and then open it in either an older version, like 5.0.0 or in the text editor like notepad++, there is a \r character attached to the end of EVERY line. this is not an escape character, its the literal charaters \ and r. 

This is not a global thing for any file used in 5.1.3. For instance, if I create a project in 5.0.0, save it, and import it to 5.1.3. Only the changes (new suites/tests) in 5.1.3 are marked with the extra EOL type characters, it doesnt retroactively replace all line characters.soapui.jpg

Above (hopefully) are a couple screen shots to illuminate the cases. To create this, I opened both 5.0.0 and 5.1.3, imported the same WSDL from the same server, and created the same request. I save them, and then opened in Notepad++.

You can see that even in 5.1.3, inside SoapUI the program looks ok, but the text representation is not.  If i were to then open the 5.1.3 version in 5.0.0 the \r characters all would show up in the request, and then things break.

Ultimately, I'd like to know if someone else has noticed this, 5.1.3 was release in April, and I find it difficult to believe that I am the first to notice.  Maybe there is a setting somewhere I dont know of?

I work a team of engineers, and they all have a local copy of the software, some like to update regularly, some are slow (like myself) to take upgrades. And i think this really only is an issue if your mixing versions, but thus far in my investigations, it appears to be a 5.1.3 only bug.

I appreciate the feedback, looking forward to it.

Matt

No RepliesBe the first to reply