Workspace support for scripting
Support for development and execution of generic scripts
I would appreciate additional support for scripting:
- list of custom scripts (either stored in a folder or in a workspace configuration xml), with the option to create, save and modify scripts
The motivation: there are often situations when I need to execute a script which does not belong to any test, e.g.:
- bulk change of a property within a project (or multiple projects)
- launch several selected test suits
- launch all test suits of selected projects
- generate a test project from a list of WSDLs etc.
Currently: the projects support scripting: setUp scripts, tearDown scripts, Groovy test steps, Groovy assertions etc. When I need to launch a generic script I have to use an existing project, create a Groovy test step, do the scripting, then do the cleanup. Some other users create a new test project just to develop and debug scripts, then delete it. This is ineffective.
If I launch the tests from command line, I cannot use the SoapUI user environment to analyze the test results. The scripting support would provide both -- the efficiency of scripting and the comfort of the user environment.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.