Forum Discussion

RKONDRU
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

loadUI javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException

Hello,

As others have reported, I am unable to get loadUI with soapui runner to successfully pass in WS-security headers with the correct identity. Here is my situation which may be makes not work?

I have successfully run the exact same test suite in SOAPUI with no issues. The BST for the soap message works fine with soapui pro 3.6.1. Once I try to run the same test suite in loadui, it fails with a soap fault.

Here is what I have tried to do/confirm:

* I have tried to save the projects (to sync the config) and restart loadui
* I have confirmed the soapui-settings.xml is the same file in both soapui and loadui
* I have confirmed the certificate password and validity (several times) in soapui including purposely breaking the BST to get it to fail in soapui and then fixing it and confirming it works.
* I have opened the loadui soapui runner testcase (with open in soapui button) to confirm it is the same project
* I have review the soapui-errors.log in the loadui directory and see that defaults (algorithm and canoncalization) are not being used in loadUI. The defaults work in soapUI.
** I tried to set the default values directly in soapui (confirm it works) and then try running in loadui but I get the same null error as below.

Do you know why the default values are not provided to signature in loadui but do get provided in soapui?

Here is the stack trace for your reference:

2011-09-06 19:12:00,468 ERROR [errorlog] org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: Signature creation failed (Cannot setup signature data structure); nested exception is: 
org.apache.xml.security.signature.XMLSignatureException: The algorithm URI "null" could not be mapped to a JCE algorithm
org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: Signature creation failed (Cannot setup signature data structure); nested exception is:
org.apache.xml.security.signature.XMLSignatureException: The algorithm URI "null" could not be mapped to a JCE algorithm
at org.apache.ws.security.message.WSSecSignature.addReferencesToSign(WSSecSignature.java:608)
at org.apache.ws.security.message.WSSecSignature.build(WSSecSignature.java:769)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wss.entries.AddSignatureEntry.process(AddSignatureEntry.java:200)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wss.OutgoingWss.processOutgoing(OutgoingWss.java:157)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.filters.WssRequestFilter.filterWsdlRequest(WssRequestFilter.java:58)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.filters.AbstractRequestFilter.filterAbstractHttpRequest(AbstractRequestFilter.java:37)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.filters.AbstractRequestFilter.filterRequest(AbstractRequestFilter.java:31)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.http.HttpClientRequestTransport.sendRequest(HttpClientRequestTransport.java:133)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlSubmit.run(WsdlSubmit.java:123)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlSubmit.submitRequest(WsdlSubmit.java:76)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlRequest.submit(WsdlRequest.java:238)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.WsdlTestRequestStep.run(WsdlTestRequestStep.java:366)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestCaseRunner.runTestStep(AbstractTestCaseRunner.java:232)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestCaseRunner.runCurrentTestStep(WsdlTestCaseRunner.java:48)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestCaseRunner.internalRun(AbstractTestCaseRunner.java:141)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestCaseRunner.internalRun(AbstractTestCaseRunner.java:42)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestRunner.run(AbstractTestRunner.java:135)
at com.eviware.loadui.components.soapui.SoapUISamplerComponent$SoapUITestCaseRunner.run(SoapUISamplerComponent.java:975)
at com.eviware.loadui.components.soapui.SoapUISamplerComponent.sample(SoapUISamplerComponent.java:831)
at com.eviware.loadui.impl.component.categories.RunnerBase.doSample(RunnerBase.java:496)
at com.eviware.loadui.impl.component.categories.RunnerBase.access$700(RunnerBase.java:70)
at com.eviware.loadui.impl.component.categories.RunnerBase$Worker.run(RunnerBase.java:773)
at com.eviware.loadui.util.dispatch.CustomThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(CustomThreadPoolExecutor.java:188)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.apache.xml.security.signature.XMLSignatureException: The algorithm URI "null" could not be mapped to a JCE algorithm
at org.apache.xml.security.algorithms.MessageDigestAlgorithm.getDigestInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xml.security.algorithms.MessageDigestAlgorithm.getInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xml.security.signature.Manifest.addDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xml.security.signature.XMLSignature.addDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.ws.security.message.WSSecSignature.addReferencesToSign(WSSecSignature.java:601)
... 23 more

I need help and/or a fix ASAP as I am under a deadline of today to run this test.

TIA,

Scott

3 Replies

RKONDRU
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello,

I am still in need of support. I am still not sure why LoadUI fails to run the tests that work in SoapUI. Any thoughts?

Scott
  • Hello
    I have exactly the same problem
    Did you succeed to fix this problem ?

best reagrds
  • Did you set the SoapUI settings file in the SoapUI Runner's settings dialog?