Forum Discussion

Awesome
Frequent Contributor
15 years ago

how to show soap request/response in report instead of '<Error Detail disabled>'

Hi all,

in the exported .pdf reports (ex: TestSuite.pdf) for those failed test steps, i now '' where i used to see the actual SOAP request/response.

how do i enable the display request/response for the failed test in the report?

thanks!

7 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

There is a setting for this in the global soapUI Pro preferences ("Complete Error Logs"), can you check if it is selected?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Awesome
    Frequent Contributor
    yup that's checked... but still no request/response message in the report

is there a setting in the jasper reports that needs to be changed?
    thanks!
    Awesome
    Frequent Contributor
    tried the latest nightly build, still no luck...
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hello,

Hm...I could reproduce this only if global preference "Complete Error Log" is false first, that I run test, run report creating with checked "Detailed Error Information". Than go to global preferences and set to true "Complete Error Log". But if I run test again, with  "Complete Error Log" set to true, it is working as it should. I guess this is caused by cashing in jasper.
    I check what can be done, until than try first setting "Complete Error Log" first and than running test, and setting "Detailed Error Information" to true before creating report. "Detailed Error Information" is set after report is selected..

Let me know does it helps,
    robert
    Awesome
    Frequent Contributor
    mmm... "Detailed Error Information" and "Include Project Coverage" are both grayed out. so i can't check/uncheck...
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hello,

If "Detailed Error Information" is Gray that means you do not have errors. It will be enabled if your test case fails. To enable "Include Project Coverage" you first need to enable coverage ( in test case coverage tab in test case overview, for testsuite in project/test suite overview in coverage tab ) to be generated.

Let me know does it helps,
    robert