Forum Discussion

AndiKoll
Contributor
13 years ago

handling several messages in parallel in one test case

Hello,

In our current project the interface handles more than one process in parallel.
Additinally the requests expected can occure in different sequences.
That means: the test case expects request A and request B, but the sequence they can occure is not really predictable for the interface.

As I understand SoapUI can handle test cases only sequencially but not handle messages in parallel.

How can I handle with that problem?

Greetings
Andi Kollenbach

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Andi,

You could create two testcases, one for each request and then run the containing testsuite it parallell mode!?

regards!

/Ole
    SmartBear Software
  • Hi,

thanks for the hint.
    The execution of test cases in parallel is feasible only when test case 1 can trigger test case 2 so that both test cases can run parallelly.
    The only way to do so is writing an appropriate Groovy script.

I'd like to suggest a feature for starting a test case by a dedicated test step template.

Greetings
    Andi
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

I'm not sure I understand how you mean - running the two TestCases in parallel will start them at the same time without any inter-dependencies, isn't that what you needed?

Another alternative would be to have a groovy script that executes the two requests "manually" (ie by submitting corresponding request objects), this can be done asynchronously... but then you would have to assert the responses manually, etc

regards!

/Ole
    SmartBear Software