Forum Discussion

vhonsy
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

generate report

Hi,

I would like to seek information if the generated report from Ready!API can be export/send to slacks channel?  

For example, the following steps below is how I generate a report manually.

1. Execute or run a test first by clicking RUN button in soapUI NG

2. Once the test (test-suite or test-case) is completed click on the "Create Report" icon - icon can be find near the RUN button

3. Select what type of report, I used HTML report type for easy viewing, then select Single page style

4. Browse a directory path to where you want to save the report, then click OK button

5. Go to the folder where the report is save.

What I need to do is to automate these steps, I will run the test manually and then at the end of test it will generate a report that will send or notify a message in slacks channel.  Is it possible?

Thanks.

• I'm not sure if there's a way to be able to automate this process with SoapUI NG alone. On our case, we load our tests at Jenkins so we have an HTML plugin for the report and once the test is done, it is saved on the folder defined on our settings file. It will entail creating some files though and learning some configuration for the setup. I think you can also configure Jenkins to send some mail to certain recipients for any event you specify.

7 Replies

Debz
      Contributor

I'm not sure if there's a way to be able to automate this process with SoapUI NG alone. On our case, we load our tests at Jenkins so we have an HTML plugin for the report and once the test is done, it is saved on the folder defined on our settings file. It will entail creating some files though and learning some configuration for the setup. I think you can also configure Jenkins to send some mail to certain recipients for any event you specify.

vhonsy
        New Contributor

Hi Debz,

This is awesome information and thank you for sharing it.  I will try to apply my tests in jenkins though I haven't done it before.

Thanks,

vhonsy
      New Contributor

Hi Rao,

Thank you for sending me this doc link.  I already did this and able to generate the reports and exported it to my local folder.  The thing I would like to know is on how to export the report (eg. HTML reports) to an application such as SLACK.  I'm just wondering if this is possible.

Thanks,