Forum Discussion

jlrunning
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

error when importing a postman collection

I tried to import a postman collection (JSON format) in SoapUI/ ReadAPI, but I encounter the following error:

net.sf.json.JSONException: JSONObject["requests"] is not a JSONArray

Can someone please help me?

Debz
    5 years ago

I've encountered this today and on my end, the issue was fixed by selecting "V1" even if it says "deprecated" at Postman's export page. It seems Postman's v2.1 cannot be processed properly into SoapUI as well. For more details on the steps for fix, you can refer to this page: https://www.soapui.org/docs/postman-collections.html

13 Replies

avidCoder
    Super Contributor

I have imported your file which you have enclosed with the problem. Seems like, there is no problem with the JSON file. It works fine. Below is the screenshot after I imported the JSON. Try using latest version of postman.

jlrunning
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for replying. sorry I didn't mention it clearly. I mean I was trying to import the postman collection file in the SoapUI or ReadyAPI via File/Import Postman collection. Both of them give the error.

jlrunning
      Occasional Contributor

there is no problem if I directly import in Postman.

But I suppose the importing should also work in SoapUI since there is the function called "Import postman collection" in SoapUI.

avidCoder
        Super Contributor

This is probably a bug, Please report to the support team. I tried with different collection file also, same error is coming up for me also. Log a ticket for that.

harshjain
    New Contributor

I found a workaround by exporting the Postman Collection as Collection v1 (deprecated). However, authorization credentials are not imported in this way and you have to manually enter and save them in Soap UI requests.