2 years ago
Solved

data source Loop

Hi

I have set the Data source to loop 10 times but it only does 7

What am i doing Wrong

Thanks in advance

• Hi armygrad

There's not a lot of information here, but if I had to guess I would say your test case is aborting on error and an error is occurring on data loop 7. 

If this is the case then you can un-check the option for aborting the test case on failure in your test case options. 

Or you can go to Preferences and apply this for all your test cases by default.

If this isn't the issue could you provide some additional information? It might  be helpful to see whats happening in the transaction log around loop 7. 

2 Replies

• Hi armygrad

There's not a lot of information here, but if I had to guess I would say your test case is aborting on error and an error is occurring on data loop 7. 

If this is the case then you can un-check the option for aborting the test case on failure in your test case options. 

Or you can go to Preferences and apply this for all your test cases by default.

If this isn't the issue could you provide some additional information? It might  be helpful to see whats happening in the transaction log around loop 7. 

JoostDG
    Frequent Contributor

Hi armygrad . Just a guess, but if each loop takes around 8 seconds then your test case will time out if you use the default setting (=0 == 60000 ms === 1 minute). So after 7 loops ReadyAPI will cancel the run as 1 minute has passed since you started the test case.

You can adjust the Test Case Timeout via right click on the test case and click on options.

If that is not the root cause, potentially there might be something in your data source that is not as expected (check perhaps your error log and/or do some scripting to the script log (log.info) to see more details...