Forum Discussion

venkatdodla
New Contributor
11 years ago

can we call a xml request from another xml request

Hi Guys,

I have question and hope you help me with a solution.

In my soapUI project, Under a request xml, I have a requirement where the first part does create a doc in IBM FileNet and the second part files the doc into a folder. When I run the xml request though the xml response generates back with GUID of doc that it is created in my filenet but the second part of filing the doc in folder does not execute so for which I removed that piece and placed in another xml request. Now my requirement is, when I run the first request xml, can the second request xml be called after executing the first request xml.

Please help me as I don't see any help so far in this forum.

Thanks,
Venkat.

7 Replies

• Sorry for the confusion. What I mean to say is, If I run a request xml which is named as 'A', the 'A' request xml should call/execute another request xml i.e. 'B' request XML. These both request xml's are present in the same soupUI project.
    nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Have you gone through the soapui documentation? And the links provided to you? Are they helpful?
  • I understand what are trying to say. Here I no need to capture any properties using custom properties. I really even don't see the custom properties option in my soupUI 4.5.2. May be I'm using the trial version. Trying to find out other options if any.
    nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Sorry, look not quite received yet. Somewhere the essence of the below is lost, perhaps with me.
    What I mean to say is, If I run a request xml which is named as 'A', the 'A' request xml should call/execute another request xml i.e. 'B' request XML. These both request xml's are present in the same soupUI project.

What I i understand is that, you might have imported a wsdl file, where you see different operation and a request xml under each.
    But you wanted to call two operations in certain sequence.
    In order to do this, you need to create a test suite, add a test case and include the operations need as steps. Then run the test case.

May be this will help
    http://www.soapui.org/Functional-Testin ... jects.html
  • Thanks for responding. I went through the test suite and test case senario this week and would like to implement. Unfortunately I was assigned other task. Will do the test suite whenever I get some time.