Forum Discussion

Ton636
Contributor
10 years ago

[Res]script folder in soapUI project conflicts with 5.1.1

Another issue we ran into when upgrading from 4.6 to 5.1.1 - after the automatic conversion of our (composite) project, we noticed our custom script folder did not get copied to the new project. After I copied it manually, 5.1.1 seems to think once again that this is an old style project and needs to be converted... Ad nauseam ( project_new, then project_new_new etc).

We had to do some refactoring and move the scripts folder out of the project folder... Is this expected?

Regards,
Ton

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

Thats interesting, can you please share your original project with me so that I can take a further look into this issue. Thanks.

Regards,
    Temil
  • SmartBear Support wrote:
    Hello,

Thats interesting, can you please share your original project with me so that I can take a further look into this issue. Thanks.

Regards,
    Temil

I am afraid I cannot - there is way too much potentially sensitive information in our test project (urls, test data, etc)...

I assume you have tried creating a 4.6 composite project with a test suite or two, adding a 'scripts' folder in it (with a random groovy script file) and then converting the project by opening it in 5.1.1 and were unable to replicate the problem?

Ton
    SmartBear_Suppo
    I have not tried to replicate this yet. I need more details, but before I ask can you please try upgrading the the latest maintenance build. There is a fix for an issue with composite project.

http://www.soapui.org/Downloads/soapui- ... uilds.html

If the custom scripts folder is still not appearing, please give me the following information:

1. On the older version Go to Files>preferences>SoapUI Pro and let me know what do you have in the script library
    2. On the newer version Go to Files>Preferences>SoapUI PRO and make sure that the directory is the same.

the default should be in the SoapUI home folder.

Regards,
    Temil
  • Sorry, we cannot update to 5.11 yet either, because of other issues (the random chars being added to the filenames) :| ....

Anyway, we worked around this by refactoring our project, so it is no longer an issue for us and why we did not log an actual support ticket. I just figured I'd report it on the forums, for someone to take a look at. Or in case someone else runs into it.

Cheers,
    Ton
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

Script folder is not present in the composite project folder. Did you add the script folder after you created a composite project?
    Also you can add script library path in Files>preferences>SoapUI Pro.

About the filename, there will a maintenance release for 5.1.1 soon, which should resolve the issue.

Thanks,
    Jeshtha
  • Yes we added a script folder to store our own groovy scripts after creating the original project of course. And yes, we know how to link to it, the problem was with upgrading to 5.11 as in the original description?